They usually run charitable institutions called Missions on newly discovered human worlds. Missions take the form of schools and hospitals. One of the purposes of these institutions is to further the observance of the Imperial Cult. The most famous Missions are the Schola Progenium, which are schools for training Imperial orphans to be Imperial servants.
Missionaries range from the young fervent hopefuls to the old, wise, and toughened members of the Missionarus Galaxia. They are always at the forefront of Imperial expansion and accompany the crusading armies as they discover new worlds and contact lost civilizations.
- Uriah Jacobus, "Protector of the Faith"
- Morben, "The Devout"
- Casophili - Went on to become a Saint
- Pious Vorne - Zealot
- 1: Codex Imperialis, [Needs Citation]
- 2: Warhammer 40,000 Compilation (1991), Commissar Training Squads
- 3: Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs, pg. 17