The Multi-melta is a heavy version of the Meltagun that has multiple melta barrels.
The multi-melta is a vicious and effective Imperial anti-tank weapon, with longer range than its man-portable counterpart but still shorter than other heavy weapons. In different sources, melta weapons are described as firing with either a blinding flash, and emitting a beam of light, or just projecting a nearly invisible beam of intense heat. Targets are just melted away, turning creatures to ash and vehicles into twisted goo. Personal armor cannot offer even scant protection from a multi-melta.
Due to their size, multi-meltas are usually mounted on vehicles. The Leman Russ Demolisher may have sponson mounted multi-meltas and the Land Raider Crusader has a hull mounted multi-melta, the weapon fitting with both vehicles' short-range firepower. The Immolator may have twin-linked multi-meltas. They are also found mounted on Land Speeders and their variants, Attack Bikes, Razorbacks, and Dreadnoughts.
Known Multi-Melta Patterns
- Maxima Pattern: used by the Astartes[6a]
- Firestorm Multi-melta
- Sol Militaris Pattern: Used during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy by the Space Marines. 23-20 Mega-thule, siege assault/Zone Mortalis
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition)
- 2: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition)
- 3: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 1st Codex)
- 4: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 1st Codex)
- 5: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition)
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One
- 7: Specialist Games Catalogue, pg. 107
- 8: The Horus Heresy Book Two - Massacre pg. 17
- 9: Forge World Tallax (Accessed 8 March 2015)
|Portable||Inferno Pistol • Combi-Melta • Meltagun • Thermal Lance|
|Heavy||Multi-melta • Melta Cannon • Magna-Melta • Titan Melta Cannon • Cyclonic Melta Lance|
|Eldar||Fusion Pistol • Fusion Gun • Fire Pike|
|Other||Deffgun • Fusion Blaster • Fusion Cascade • Heat Ray • Heat Cannon|