Order of the Argent Shroud
|Name:||Order of the Argent Shroud|
|Convent:||Convent Prioris (Terra)|
|Colours:||Silver armour, white cloaks with red linings and weapons[2a]|
The Order was founded by Ecclesiarch Alexis XXII when the Convent Prioris was split[2b], with their first leader and honoured Saint being Sister Silvana[5a]. They are based on Terra within the Convent Prioris. Their armor is silver along with a white cloak lined in red.[2a] Silvana was martyred shortly after they were split from the Order of the Ebon Chalice and before their own identity had been made. The fledgling Order took their name and symbol from the silvery impression of her skull upon her death shroud.
Like their patron saint, the Order is altruistic and strong of faith. The Sisters of the Order, like Silvana, rarely speak, preferring to let their actions speak for them, and often these actions speak of selfless heroism.
Canoness Preceptor Chrisima led a Preceptory of the order on Charak to cleanse its streets of mutants by Flamer at the command of the Confessor Petasus.[5b] At some point prior to the Third Armageddon War the Order had carried out attacks on the secretive Angels Vermillion chapter.
The Order deployed seven companies to Armageddon during the Third Armageddon War: four companies were deployed to the Fire Wastes with the remaining three being split into demi-companies and deployed throughout Armageddon Prime and Secundus. In one incident during the war, they, along with militia forces and the Flesh Tearers Space Marine Chapter trapped and destroyed forces belonging to Warlord Rukglum, only to witness the Flesh Tearers expand their assault and attack the Armageddon militia. Not wanting to face their former allies, the Order withdrew, later reporting the incident to the Inquisition and demanding their destruction. In another instance, the sisters garrisoning the Temple of the Emperor Ascendant in Hive Helsreach were wiped out and their charge destroyed.
- Silvana (Deceased)
- Canoness Carmina - led the Order at the time of the Third Armageddon War
- Canoness Dissenta - Carmina's predecessor (responsible for the persectution of the Angels Vermillion)
- Canoness Preceptor Chrisima
- Order of Our Martyred Lady
- Order of the Ebon Chalice
- Order of the Valorous Heart
- Order of the Sacred Rose
- Order of the Bloody Rose
- 1: The Inquisition (Background Book), pg. 65
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition)
- 3: Web archive of the Armageddon3 website - Details of the Third War for Armageddon Worldwide (last accessed 13 July 2015)
- 4: Web archive of the Armageddon3 website - Details of the Third War for Armageddon Worldwide (last accessed 13 July 2015)
- 5: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition)
- 6: Helsreach (Novel), [Needs Citation], pg. 405
- 7: White Dwarf 382 (US), pg. 101