Order of the Valorous Heart
|Name:||Order of the Valorous Heart|
|Convent:||Convent Sanctorum (Ophelia VII)|
|Colours:||Black armour, black cloaks with white linings[2a]|
The Order is based on Ophelia VII within the Convent Sanctorum, founded when the convent was split by Ecclesiarch Alexis XXII[2b]. Their original leader was Lucia, one of the Sisters who accompanied Alicia Dominica to the Golden Throne during the Age of Apostasy .[3a] Their colours are black armour, black cloaks with a white lining and white gloves. The only trace of red is on their Ecclesiarchal symbol. These colours are the original colors of the Convent Sanctorum, which the Order inherited after the Convent was split in two.[2a]
Sisters of the Order are driven by the belief that they still must atone for the Sisterhood's acts as an unwitting accomplice to Goge Vandire during the Reign of Blood. Like their patron saint, the Order is highly penitent, always striving for atonement for even the slightest perceived sin. A disproportionate number of Sisters in this Order exile themselves to the Sisters Repentia compared to the other Major Orders. Because they are constantly reminded of the Reign of Blood, Sisters of the Valorous Heart can be particularly suspicious of those who would call themselves prophets of the Emperor.
- 555.M38 - The First Savaven Crusade
- Several squads of the Order suppressed a mutant rebellion on Sepheris Secundus at the behest of the Inquisition.
- Canoness Brigitta led the Order in the purge of Hive Tumulus on Farglum of the Cult Epicurean, earning high praise from Inquisitor Scallen at approximately 085.M41.[3b] See also: Quote from Inquisitor Scallen's Commendation.
- 777.M41 - The Achilus Crusade
- 861.M41 - The Orpheus Revolt
- 938.M41 - Battle of the Penitent
- ~100s.M42 - The Plague Wars
- Order of Our Martyred Lady
- Order of the Argent Shroud
- Order of the Ebon Chalice
- Order of the Sacred Rose
- Order of the Bloody Rose
- 1: The Inquisition, pg. 65
- 2: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition)
- 3: Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition)
- 4: Dark Heresy: Blood of Martyrs, p. 76
- 5: White Dwarf 382 (US), p. 101