Ordinati are leviathan sized warmachines created by the Adeptus Mechanicus overseen by the Centurio Ordinatus.
The Centurio Ordinatus is the Mechanicus organization responsible for all aspects of these machines. Every individual Ordinatus is a unique construction and named for the world on which it was first employed or built. Each Ordinatus is unique in that it was designed for specific purpose, for a particular battle. This is why the different Ordinatii have very specialized weapons configured for their intended role. Some were designed to devastate whole cities with a single shot, some devoted to dealing with enemy Titans, while others can transport entire regiments of soldiers under the earth. When the Adeptus Mechanicus was torn apart by civil war during the Horus Heresy, both sides unleashed all manner of Ordinatus upon each other.
After the Heresy, many Ordinatus were abandoned, lost or simply forgotten, remaining hidden in secret armouries, deep underground or in remote locations. Perhaps the greatest military weapons ever conceived, the rediscovery of an Ordinatus often results in civil war, as the finders begin fighting over the great prize. Before they can be sent to war, Ordinatus must be ritually blessed by the Lord of the Centurio Ordinatus. Their crews are highly trained tech-guard warriors. They are protected by an energy-intensive dispersion field which deflects projectiles and energy bolts.
Ordinatus Minoris Macro Engine
The Ordinatus Minoris Macro Engine was a sub-type of more commonly encountered Ordinatus during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. Smaller than the colossal Ordinatius Primaris, these vehicles were nonetheless still gargantuan and rarer than a Battle Titan. Few Macro-Engines followed a broad class, and most were unique constructs designed by their Forge World of origin. Only a handful of Forge Worlds had the resources or authority to construct these engines.
- Ordinatus Ulator - A smaller class of Ordinatus armed with an Ulator-Class Sonic Destructor
- Ordinatus Sagittar - Smaller class equipped with a Volcano Cannon
- Ordinatus Armageddon - bears the massive plasma-based Nova Cannon, capable of blasting apart enemy Titans with one shot or destroying a tank detachment with a single salvo. It was originally constructed for the First War for Armageddon against the forces of Chaos and partially reawakened to be used against the Orks by the Black Templars for the Third War for Armageddon.
- Ordinatus Golgotha - carries six Hellfire missiles, capable of annihilating massive swathes of enemy infantry and light vehicles. It was first used on the Squat homeworld of Golgotha against invading Orks.
- Ordinatus Mars - armed with the devastating sonic disruptor. This immense weapon can level buildings with ease and annihilate enemy tank formations. Ordinatus Mars was created when civil war broke out on Mars during the Horus Heresy. It was intended to break through the defences of the rebels holding up in the city of Castellum Jericho.
- Ordinatus Priam - a huge tunnelling machine purpose-built for the siege of Priam during the Horus Heresy. It was designed to dig down to the planet's crust and move through the white-hot lava beneath. It transported four companies of Imperial Guard to enter Priam after bypassing its defenses, but parts of its shielding failed during the operation, causing it irreparable damage.
- Ordinatus Gehenna - equipped with an Apocalypse Cannon, capable of destroying mountains and punching a hole through the planet's crust to release magma. It was fought over during the 13th Black Crusade by the forces of Chaos and the Imperium.
- Ordinatus Magentus - equipped with an Sonic Destructor Cannon, capable of annihilating city blocks and moutain slopes. It was part of the Adeptus Mechanicus contingent during the battle against Chaos Space Marines of the Word Bearers Legion on the planet of Tanakreg.
- Ordinatus Ullanor - Hastily assembled by Magos Dominus Gerg Zhokuv on Ullanor during the War of the Beast. It consisted of a Plasma Accelerator from a downed Mechanicum starship mounted on the chassis of a Capitol Imperialis. Destroyed by a Gargant of unprecedented size during the battle for Ullanor.
- 1: White Dwarf 191
- 2: Iron Hands (Novel) by Jonathan Green, [Needs Citation], pg. 122
- 3: Helsreach (Novel) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Dark Apostle (Novel) by Anthony Reynolds, [Needs Citation]
- 5: The Horus Heresy: Mechanicum Taghmata Army List pg.62
- 6: The Beast Must Die (Novel) Chapter 10
|Command||Magos (Prime • Dominus • Reductor)|
|Troops||Tech-Priest Auxillia • Electro-priest (Corpuscarii • Fulgurite) • Myrmidon (Destructor • Secutor)|
Skitarii (Alpha • Ranger • Vanguard • Infiltrator • Ruststalker• Protector) • Thallax • Ursarax • Combat Servitor (Praetorian) • Kataphron Battle Servitor • Tech-Thrall
|Battle-Automata||Castellan • Colossus • Cataphract • Crusader • Conqueror • Vorax • Thanatar • Scyllax Guardian • Kastelan • Domitar • Arlatax|
|Walkers||Sydonian Dragoon • Ironstrider Ballistarius • Onager Dunecrawler|
|Vehicles||Krios • Triaros • Land Raider • Rhino • Chimera • Macrocarid Explorator • Ordo Reductor Artillery Tank • Minotaur • Ordinatus|
|Knights||Paladin • Errant • Crusader • Warden • Gallant • Lancer • Castigator • Acheron • Knight Magaera • Styrix • Atrapos|
|Titans||Emperor • Warlord • Reaver • Warhound|
|Aircraft||Avenger • Lightning • Storm Eagle|