The Remembrancer Order was a group of poets, journalists, imagists and writers that were sent to accompany the Imperial forces during the later years of the Great Crusade, once the Emperor had returned to Terra.
The remembrancers were tasked by the Emperor to record, for posterity, mankind's greatest triumph, the Great Crusade. However they were generally disliked by both the regular troops and the Astartes. Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves, was rumoured to have groused that all remembrancers should be given weapons if they wanted to be on the front lines.
- Serena D'Angelus, painter - Impaled herself on a sword with the corpse of Ostian Delafour.
- Ostian Delafour, sculptor - Impaled by Fulgrim on a Statue of the Emperor.
- Kallista Eris, historiographer - Died shortly before the Burning of Prospero.
- Mahavastu Kallimakus, documentarist - Disappeared shortly before the Burning of Prospero.
- Ignace Karkasy, poet - Killed by Maggard.[Needs Citation]
- Euphrati Keeler, imagist - Escaped Isstvan III aboard the Eisenstein.
- Mersadie Oliton, documentarist - Escaped Isstvan III aboard the Eisenstein.
- Petronella Vivar, documentarist - Killed by Warmaster Horus.
- Solomon Voss, wordsmith - Executed by Rogal Dorn.
- "The Silversmith" (unnamed) - murdered by Serghar Targost.
In the 41st Millenium, the title of Remembrancer is still used, although how it came to be used again is unknown. These "modern" remembrancers appear to record the history of the Imperium, much like the remembrancers of the Great Crusade. However, unlike remembrancers of the Great Crusade, "modern" remembrancers do not appear to accompany Imperial armies into the field.[7b]
- 1: Horus Rising (Novel) by Dan Abnett, Part One, Chapter Three, pgs. 45-47
- 2: False Gods (Novel) by Graham McNeill, [Needs Citation]
- 3: The Flight of the Eisenstein (Novel) by James Swallow, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Fulgrim (Novel) by Graham McNeill, [Needs Citation]
- 5: A Thousand Sons (Novel) by Graham McNeill, [Needs Citation]
- 6:The Last Remembrancer (Short Story) by John French
- 7: Desert Raiders (Novel) by Lucien Soulban - Hammer of the Emperor (Omnibus):
- 8: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 51
- 9: Death of a Silversmith (Short Story) by Graham McNeill