Shattered Legions (Anthology)
|This article is about the Horus Heresy Anthology; for the Part of the Legions, see The Shattered Legions|
After the massacre at Isstvan V, the broken remnants of three Legions formed a guerrilla force dedicated to slowing Horus's advance on Terra. The ten tales in this volume relate exceptional stories of heroism by these Shattered Legions.
Driven almost to the brink of self-destruction at Isstvan V, the Iron Hands now seek vengeance for the murder of their primarch Ferrus Manus. Gathering survivors from the Raven Guard and the Salamanders aboard any vessels capable of warp travel, these Shattered Legions wage a new campaign of annihilation against the traitor forces across the galaxy – a campaign masterminded by legendary warleader Shadrak Meduson. This Horus Heresy anthology contains ten short stories by authors including Dan Abnett, Chris Wraight, John French and many more. Also, in the novella The Seventh Serpent, Graham McNeill revisits the ragtag crew of the starship Sisypheum as they are drawn into a war of subterfuge against the Alpha Legion.
- See also Meduson (Anthology)
- "Meduson" by Dan Abnett: Shadrak Meduson attempts to restructure the Iron Hands after the Dropsite Massacre and the loss of their primarch.
- "Unforged" by Guy Haley: Examines the broken nature of the Salamanders
- "Immortal Duty" by Nick Kyme: Describes the Battle of Isstvan V
- "Grey Talon" by Chris Wraight
- "The Keys of Hel" by John French: The story picks up from Riven (Short Story)
- "The Noose" by David Annandale: has Iron Hands battle against the Emperor's Children
- "Deeds Endured" by Gav Thorpe
- "Unspoken" by Guy Haley: A continuation of "Unforged"
- "The Either" by Graham McNeill: Tybalt Marr of the Sons of Horus battles against the guerrilla tactics of the Iron Hands.
- "The Hand Elect" by Chris Wraight.
The Seventh Serpent
The crew of the Sisypheum join a covert Shattered Legions assault on a hidden Alpha Legion outpost, orchestrated by none other than the infamous Iron Hands warleader Shadrak Meduson.