Sons of Orar
From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
|This article is about the Sons of Orar, for the other uses see Orar (disambiguation)|
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
Though the history of the Sons of Orar has been lost, what is known is that they revere Orar, an Ultramarines Captain who won great renown in the wake of the Horus Heresy, and claim him as their spiritual patriarch.[1b] [1c]
- The Jorun Retaliation (143.M41): En route to the Gothic War an Imperial Battlegroup, the 15th Heraklion Ironclads, turned on their Commissariat attachment and went renegade. Investigations into this turn of events uncovered the foul xenos taint of Dark Eldar, who had managed to ensnare and corrupt General Jorun and his command structure. Jorun and his fleet raided planet after planet, enslaving whole populations for their masters. The full Howling Griffons chapter was given command of the strike force, with support from the Ultramarines and Sons of Orar chapters. 
- In late M41, the Sons of Orar acted as one of the spearheads for the Imperial Siege of Alaitoc.
- 13th Black Crusade.
- Plague Wars - The Sons of Orar provide 3 Companies.
|Valiant Legacy||Storm Shield|||
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One, pg. 124
- 3: Path of the Seer (Novel), [Needs Citation]
- 4: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter, pg. 136
- 5: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 31
- 6: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 87
- 7: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 97
- 8: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook pg.158-159