The Subjugators Space Marine chapter are listed in the Mythos Angelica Mortis, a tome of ancient knowledge stating that 20 Space Marine chapters—known as the Astartes Praeses—had been created to watch over the Eye of Terror region, and protect the Eastern Marches from enemy invasions to Terra.
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Subjugators are known to be unrelenting in the prosecution of the enemies of Mankind, attacking with overwhelming force and eschewing many of the more subtle arts of war, resulting in the destruction of enemy forces, resources and assets. Their use of extreme methods causes many Imperial Commanders to hesitate requesting for aid, because they will both purge the invading enemies and the oppressed population.
They follow a lot of the traditions of the Imperial Fists Chapter, like the veneration of Rogal Dorn, but also share a lot in common with the Black Templars, in their zeal to destroy all potential threats to the Imperium. Their duties in the Segmentum Solar and Obscurus prohibits them from undertaking the crusades like the Black Templars, but they can still contribute small forces to larger operations.
- The Second Abonian Genocide - 688.M40
- Cell-Kin: Recently, they were attacked by an alien race known as the Cell-Kin. The Cell-Kin's method of attack and reproduction was invading a host's body, implanting a part of itself which would slowly turn the host into another Cell-Kin. All of the Space Marines who were infected were either cured or killed, except for 20 who are still at large.
- 742-745.M41 - Damocles Gulf Crusade: The Subjugators contributed a single squad and several armoured vehicles to the crusade.
- Achilus Crusade: 777.M41: The former contributions to the Damocles Gulf Crusade are now in the Jericho Reach, after their victory against Hive Fleet Behemoth in Macragge. Their most significant action in the crusade was protecting Berkin on the Greyhell Front from the attack of Hive Fleet Dagon, by removing infiltrator organisms. The head of a Broodlord is displayed on the bridge of the Strike Cruiser Glorious Tyrant.
- Third Inter-Guild Wars of Inca Sector: 850-901M41. The Guild Fathers, Inca Sector of the Ultima Segmentum, fought a war against the Void Dragons Eldar pirates, sponsored by business rivals. The Subjugators Space Marine chapters were called in to assist. The Sons of Antaeus also answered the call.
- 964.M41 - Tyrama Secundus Campaign - xenos purging on the planet of Tyrama Secundus
- 999.M41 - 13th Black Crusade. Three companies were dispatched to Cadia within days of hearing of Abaddon's invasion, vowing to send the remainder of the Chapter's resources as soon as possible. The Chapter arrived on two battle barges, just as the Chaos fleet was about to commence the invasion of the planet. The 3rd company was almost completely wiped out when they overloaded the reactor of a Ramilies star fort just as the forces of Chaos captured it. The 1st and 5th also suffered heavy casulties, particularly in the defence of Kasr Gallan and in rearguard actions during the Tarn Retreat. So far 168 battle-brothers have fallen (many with their gene-seed unrecoverable) and the Chapter needs to decide whether to retire from the conflict and rebuild its strength or fight on and risk its death.
- Captain Rakman. He reported that in the Third Inter-Guild Wars (see above), the Sons of Antaeus showed up unexpectedly and opened a 2nd front forcing the Eldar pirates to attempt to redeploy. This resulted in the destruction of the Eldar raiding force.
- 1: White Dwarf 284 (UK), p. 89
- 2: Chapter Approved 2004 The Cursed Founding by Andy Hoare, Graham McNeill, and Phil Kelly
- 3: Index Astartes IV, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, p. 68
- 5: White Dwarf 286 (UK), p. 70
- 6: Deathwatch Core Rulebook, p. 339
- 7: White Dwarf 271 (UK), p. 56
- 8: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), p. 78
- 9: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), p. 16
- 10: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 88