Sword of Heironymo Sondar
| Attention Adept of the LEXICANUM!
This article is being created or revised.
During the Siege of Vervunhive, it was originally carried by Marshal Edric Croe, commander of the Vervun Primary militia, but, foreseeing his own death in combat, he gave the sword to his aide, Major Otte, to be gifted to his successor.[1b] This was Gaunt, the senior Imperial commander in Vervunhive (all of the others being either dead or imprisoned).[1a]
The sword remained in Gaunt's possession after the battle, gifted to him for his actions in leading the defence of Vervunhive. A deadly weapon, it has never left Gaunt's side.
The sword, although ancient, has always proven reliable in combat and has outperformed several weapons and protective devices carried by the Chaos forces opposing Gaunt. Some of his noteworthy feats with the weapon include:
- Severing the traitorous General Noches Sturm's hand in self-defense[1c];
- Impaling Heritor Asphodel on the bridge of the Magister's command vehicle.[1d]
- Piercing the cheap, reproduction refractor field equipped by a Chaos warlord leading the attack on the Shrinehold of Saint Sabbat on Hagia.
- 1: Necropolis (Novel) - Gaunt's Ghosts: The Founding (Omnibus) by Dan Abnett
- 2: Honour Guard (Novel) by Dan Abnett, [Needs Citation]