Talk:Standard Template Construct
I felt it necessary to revert some of the changes because they added information of things made by STCs, which causes canon conflict, as STCs and their various parts have changed in how they are described, and most STC talk in 4th edition refers to the blueprints created. But yeah. SanchiTachi 06:02, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
Is that when it was established there are no working STCs? "First and Only" talks about STCs like many of them are still intact and up and running:
"Sixty years ago on Geyluss Auspix, a rat-water world a long way from nothing in Pleigo Sutarnus, a team of Imperial scouts found an intact STC in the ruins of a pyramid city in a jungle basin. Intact. You know what it made? It was the Standard Template Constructor for a type of steel blade, an alloy of folded composite that was sharper and lighter and tougher than anything we’ve had before. Thirty whole Chapters of the great Astartes are now using blades of the new pattern. The scouts became heroes. I believe each was given a world of his own. It was regarded as the greatest technological advance of the century, the greatest discovery, the most perfect and valuable STC recovery in living memory." - Dan Abnett. First and Only (Kindle Locations 5733-5737). Black Library.
It's regarded as rare and a big deal, but as something that *does* exist. Have they contradicted this point in newer sources?
Cythraul 13:58, 25 June 2012 (CEST)
- According to "Dark Adeptus", STCs aren't just blue-prints, but a kind of computer-programs. --DetlefK 15:33, 25 June 2012 (CEST)
- The novel "Mechanicum" stated, that the STCs are blueprints and the machines that could build anything were the "construct machines". Several STCs have been found, some intact, some damaged, but not a single construct machine (by the end of the Great Crusade!).
- There's a span of 10,000 years between the end of the Great Crusade and Gaunt's time - WH40K's "present". Perhaps one or more were found during that gap? Given that, again, "First and Only" makes it quite explicit that a few construct machines have been found by the time of that novel. Cythraul 05:27, 26 June 2012 (CEST)
- Quotes are needed. I can't remember any confirmation that a STC machine or more than one have been found. --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum 14:50, 28 June 2012 (CEST)
- "First and Only" makes explicit mention of the one (see the large quote above), and depicts another (the latter having been corrupted by Chaos). It's a major plot element.
- IO don't see a problem with ancient stories ;) --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum 15:37, 14 August 2012 (CEST)
Has anyone noticed that the last note involving "Death of Integrity" doesn't exist in number 7 as a source?
Fragments from Space Hulk: Deathwing
In Space Hulk: Deathwing, you can find several STC fragments for different items: A military cot, a bunker, a plasma cooler for some form of energy reactor, astartes power armor, bolters, kraken rounds, and even an Arc Rifle. There might be others, but I am still looking. It would be very beneficial if we could get some extracted models of these fragments to use as images.
I would also suggest we add the "Lion Pattern" Bolter to the list of STC discoveries, as I can find no prior mention of this pattern before its discovery in Olethros.--TheNuclearSoldier (talk) 18:22, 21 April 2018 (MDT)
- If it is specifically mentioned as STC, yes. Otherwise no. --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 01:57, 22 April 2018 (MDT)