So, I hear the Tau have recently been rewritten as a totalitarian regime. Apparently having actual good guys wouldn't be GRIMDARK enough for GW, so I guess someone should update the page with their new evil makeover. -Mr. Grieves
In "Notable Characters" there is a mention of "Shas'O Sa'cea Lasa Aun'Kor Mont'yr (aka Commander Coldfire), hero of the Tyrannic War". May I ask who is he and where is he mentioned? --Hellstorm 14:22, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
What is the FTL of Tau ships if the species cannot use the warp? Zougeiro no sasori 23:06, 11 March 2008 (CET)
- Don't forget that humanity made warp-jumps before they created the Navigators. There is a novel (Execution hour) which describes how a Human vessel, victim of mutiny, makes short blind jumps which they can calculate to a certain extent. Its loyalist navigator had committed suicide. I suppose this more or less the same principle the tau vessels use. The Tau don't have navigators (with a third eye which can see the warp) however they seem to be able to make small jumps through warpspace. Supposedly the Tau civilization found an alien (perhaps Human) wreck on one of their moons (an amazing stroke of luck - or something else). They analyzed it and were able to reverse-engineer it. Tau vessels make smaller jumps than their Imperial counter-parts. Irulan 01:31, 12 March 2008 (CET)
- For the proper material go to http://www.specialist-games.com/battlefleetgothic/rulebook.asp and download the pdf "To unite the stars". Irulan 01:35, 12 March 2008 (CET)
A few points?
First, the fact Imperial las weapons have a bayonet stud does not give them an advantage over the Tau, not matter how bad they are in close combat. I believe this quip should be removed.
Secondly, special characters, how about Aun’T’Pel from the Medusa V campaign?
Third, the inclusion of battle suits in the infantry wargear as armor, very misleading and incorrect, where is this cited.
A page dedicated to the battle suits would be more appropriate. --Sp00k2552 21:43, 19 May 2008 (CEST)
- Correct, they are trained in close combat better than tau are, THEREFORE they get bayonettes. Go on and alter that for me.
- Why not, if he's worth it.
- It is armor, there is no thing such as a "battle mover" in wh40k, there are walkers, yes, but those are things you drive and not things you wear, Power Armour and Terminator Armour are in fact "wearable robots" as well, and they still get classified as armor, Tau **8* battlesuits are just a larger kind.
- Not only I totally agree, I also think that the XV8 should get a page of its own.
- --Madness 22:25, 19 May 2008 (CEST)
- Consider it removed.
- --Shas'O D'yanoi Shi Kais
tau tech page?
I am writing a tech page for the tau on wikipedia. I can upload it here too, since tau deserve a weapons tech page that's better than what they have. Shas'ui'Teal'wisp 08:24, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
This article is hardly together. It needs division, rewriting, and reorganisation. We should make a tactics section for the Tau, not have it sprinkled throughout. Use the Wikipedia page as a rough guide, but use more detail. Shas'ui'Teal'wisp 08:27, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
Tau and the Warp
Should we mention that in Dark Crusade, it seems that the Tau are evidentally unable to communicate with psychically, and are thus probably unable to be mind controlled by psykers? Note though that the commander still registers "static", so it's not that it can't reach them, it's that it's apparently incomprehensible to them, which is why a lightning bolt still works, --Goldblade 17:49, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Speculation is not allowed. --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum 10:17, 22 September 2010 (UTC)