Soon after word reached Terra of Horus's nascent rebellion, Mars fell. Rogue elements within the Mechanicum priesthood, stirred by the Warmaster's promises of independence and prosperity, turned against the Imperium and forced the primarch Rogal Dorn to order an impenetrable blockade of the Red Planet. Now it has become clear that the corruption has spread too deep, and that more drastic measures must be taken if the Forge World Principal is to be reclaimed. Calling upon the expertise of those who witnessed the so-called "Death of Innocence" firsthand, Lord Dorn and Malcador the Sigillite consider their final solution - the complete extermination of all life on Mars.
The XIX Legion 'Raven Guard'
- Dravian Klayde, 'The Carrion'
The IV Legion 'Iron Warriors'
- Aulus Scaramanca
The VII Legion 'Imperial Fists'
- Alcazarn Salvador
The XIII Legion 'Ultramarines'
- Tibor Ventidian
The XVIII Legion 'Salamanders'
- Nem'Ron Phylax
- Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists
- Malcador, First Lord of Terra
- Zagreus Kane, Fabricator General of Terra
- Gnaus Archelon, Illuminant and Artisan Astartes
- Di-Delta 451 (Null), Servo-automaton
- Eta/Iota~13 (Void), Servo-automaton
- Strix, Cyber-raven
The Prefecture Magisterum
- Raman Synk, Lexorcist and ward engine
- Confabulari 66, Servo-skull
The Legio Cybernetica
- Octal Bool, Magos Dominus of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- Uncannical, Cherubim technomat
- Dex, Kastelan-class robot of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- Impedicus, Kastelan-class robot of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- Nulus, Kastelan-class robot of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- 'Little' Auri, Kastelan-class robot of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- Pollex, Kastelan-class robot of the First Maniple, Daedarii Reserve Cohort
- The Tabula Myriad. (Confirmed Tabula Myriad recovered early days Great Crusade by Iron Hands after defeating the sentient constructs of the Tabula Myriad on Ultra Median... Ferrus Manus turned it over to the Mechanicum for safe keeping. The Tabula Myriad was responsible for a number of genocides during the Age of Strife.)