|This article is about the Chaos Space Marine warband, for the novella in the Horus Heresy Series see The Purge (Novella)|
|Marine||Basic Data||Warband Symbol|
Even within the holds of Chaos the Purge are a feared and mysterious chapter. Though the Purge have uncertain origins their numbers grow steadily as they continue to bring death to dozens of worlds. In battle the Purge advance slowly and systematically exterminate all traces of life with their poison gas and other indiscriminately deadly weapons. The Purge despise life in all its forms and have waged war against aliens and mankind alike for 3000 years, attempting to exterminate all life in the galaxy. Where the Purge attack, famine and pestilence soon follow. They are known to frequently employ Blight Drones in battle.
- Antecanis Massacre - 165.M37, fought alongside the Black Legion and other warbands
- Hell's Last Duke - 931.M38, saw the death of Chaos Lord Doluthec.
- Despoiling of Tobias Halt and battle with Blood Angels - 518.M40
- Vaxhallian genocides - 926.M41, known to have slaughtered 14,000,000,000+ Imperial citizens
- Purging the Agri-Worlds of Bellru and Fealty III with disease, killing billions. The destruction of these food production centers brings two entire Systems to starvation.t
- Siege of Vraks - M41
- 1: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 2: Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rulebook, [Needs Citation]
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, [Needs Citation]
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Seven - The Siege of Vraks - Part Three, pg. 151
- 5: Index Chaotica - Possessed
- 6: Dante (Novel) by Guy Haley, Chapter Seventeen