"Volkite Weapon" is a Mechanicum term for a type of ancient weapon dating back to the Age of Strife. Possessing a killing power surpassing most armaments of their size, Volkites were little-understood and difficult to replicate on even the most capable Mechanicus Forge Worlds. At one point they were relatively common in the fledgling Space Marine Legions, but by the time of the Horus Heresy were a rarity and had been replaced by the more flexible and easy to manufacture bolter.
Volkite Weapons could Deflagrate organic matter, explosively burning flesh into ash and jetting fire.
- Volkite Serpenta - Pistol
- Volkite Charger - Infantry Weapon
- Volkite Caliver - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Culverin - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Carronade - Heavy Weapon mounted on the Glaive
- Volkite Sentinel - Vehicle-mounted weapons controlled by a Servitor brain. They are found on larger Mechanicum war engines such as the Triaros Armoured Conveyer.
- Volkite Incinerator - Purpose-designed ray weapon mounted into the chest of Ursarax troops.
- 1: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal pg.233
- 2: FW Website Volkite Charger Set
- 3: FW Website Volkite Caliver Set
- 4: Forge World
- 5: The Horus Heresy Book Three pg.224-225