"Volkite Weapon" is a Mechanicum term for a type of ancient weapon dating back to the Age of Strife. Possessing a killing power surpassing most armaments of their size, Volkites were little-understood and difficult to replicate on even the most capable Mechanicus Forge Worlds. At one point they were relatively common in the fledgling Space Marine Legions, but by the time of the Horus Heresy were a rarity and had been replaced by the more flexible and easy to manufacture bolter.
Volkite Weapons could Deflagrate organic matter, explosively burning flesh into ash and jetting fire.
- Volkite Serpenta - Pistol
- Volkite Blaster
- Volkite Charger - Infantry Weapon
- Volkite Caliver - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Culverin - Heavy Weapon
- Volkite Carronade - Heavy Weapon mounted on the Glaive
- Volkite Sentinel - Vehicle-mounted weapons controlled by a Servitor brain. They are found on larger Mechanicum war engines such as the Triaros Armoured Conveyer.
- Volkite Incinerator - Purpose-designed ray weapon mounted into the chest of Ursarax troops.
- Volkite Demi-Culverin - Mounted on the Leman Russ Incinerator
- Volkite Chieorovile - Mounted on Imperial Knights
- 1: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal, pg. 233
- 2: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 92
- 3: The Horus Heresy - Book Two: Massacre, pg. 103
- 4: Forge World (last accessed 13 January 2016)
- 5: The Horus Heresy Book Three, pgs. 224-225
- 6: FW Volkite Culverin with power pack (last accessed 13 January 2016)