The Wolf Brothers are the only known Successor Chapter of the Space Wolves Legion, created during the Second Founding. The Chapter was later disbanded by the Inquisition due to genetic instability, specifically the Wulfen gene-mutation that can manifest itself in Space Wolves.[5a]
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
Little is known of the Wolf Brothers beyond the facts that upon their Founding they were issued with exactly half of the Space Wolves fleet, arms/equipment and priests available at that time,[5a] and were intended to be the first off-shoot Chapter created from the Space Wolves as part of a grand plan to create a force termed The Sons of Russ, who would be posted in a galactic circle around the Eye of Terror in an attempt to prevent the Traitor Legions from ever invading the Imperium. However, the swift degradation of their genetic viability quickly made it clear that the gene-seed of the Space Wolves was almost impossible to use to create another Chapter, and the Sons of Russ plan died alongside the Wolf Brothers.[5a]
- In M32, as a cruel joke, Magnus the Red planted a company of mutated Wolf Brothers on Gangava Prime to ambush Great Wolf Harek Ironhelm and his men after Magnus lured them away from the Fang.[5b]
- The Wolf Brother Svoljard was one of the stranded Marines on Medrengard who gathered around Ardaric Vaanes. He and Vaanes later joined Warsmith Honsou. Svoljard was ultimately killed by a fellow Iron Warrior.
- During the Scouring of Makenna VII a squad of Wolf Brothers fought under Oneius Prayd of the Red Corsairs.
- The Space Wolves and Black Legion battled one another in the War of the Wolf during a search for a missing Wolf Brother, who was discovered frozen in ice.
- 1: Codex: Space Wolves (2nd Edition), pg. 9
- 2: Dead Sky, Black Sun (Novel) by Graham McNeill, Epilogue
- 3: The Heraclitus Effect (Short Story) by Graham McNeill
- 4: Apocalypse, pg. 171
- 5: Battle of the Fang (Novel) by Chris Wraight
- 6: Champions of Fenris - A Codex: Space Wolves Supplement - The War of the Wolf