A Colonel is typically the commanding officer of an Imperial Guard regiment. Imperial Guard Colonels are entirely responsible for the troops and equipment under their command. Colonels may be assigned to command additional troops or responsibilities depending on the threat-level present in the combat theatre. This position is also known as Lieutenant-Colonel.[Needs Citation]
|Part of a series on the:|
Imperial Guard Hierarchy
Whilst the rank of Colonel has several alternate names, a particularly unusual rank with the equivalent military responsibility is that of Colonel-Commissar. As far as is known, this dual military/political rank has only been held by one man, Ibram Gaunt.
- Schaeffer - Commander of the 13th Penal Legion
- Colm Corbec - Regimental officer of the Tanith First and Only
- Regina Kasteen - C.O. of the Valhallan 597th
- "Iron Hand" Straken - C.O. of the Catachan 2nd
- "Death" Strike - C.O of the Catachan 183rd
- Carus Brom - Commander of the Tartaran regiments.
- Jurten - Commander of the Death Korps of Krieg 83rd Regiment.
- Octavius Rabelaq - Commander of the 10th Logres Regiment
- Johanna van Meer - Commander of the 13th Elysian Drop Troops Regiment
- Vandegrahst - Commander of the Elysian 46th Airborne Regiment
- Maigraut - Imperial Army Horus Heresy-era officer.
- 'Steel Eye' Black
- Al'Ter-Ay - Tallarn Desert Raiders
- Vargrif - Mordian Iron Guard
- Harun Rukanah
- Tu'Sakh Khan - Attilan Rough Riders
- Lansted - Cadian Shock Troopers
- Rath Sturm - Cadian survivor
- 1: First and Only (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- 2: 13th Legion (Novel) - The Last Chancers (Omnibus) by Gav Thorpe: Chapter Two, pg. 65
- 3: For the Emperor (Novel) by Sandy Mitchell, Chapter One
- 4: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
- 5: Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 60
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 213
- 7: The First Wall (Novel) Chapter 20