Portal:Sisters of Battle
"The strength of the Emperor is Humanity, and the strength of Humanity is the Emperor. If one turns from the other we shall all become the Lost and the Damned."
- Sermon of the Adepta Sororitas
History of the Adepta Sororitas
The Sisters of Battle are the military arm of the Adepta Sororitas, a wing of the Ecclesiarchy, the official state church of the Imperium. This all-women army of pious warriors was created in the aftermath of the Age of Apostasy in order to circumvent the restrictions of the Decree Passive. The Sisterhood's Orders Militant serve as the Ecclesiarchy's fighting arm, mercilessly rooting out corruption and heresy within humanity and every organisation of the Adeptus Terra.
Forces of the Adepta Sororitas
The Adepta Sororitas is divided between two Convents - the Convent Prioris located on Terra and the Convent Sanctorum based on Ophelia VII. The overall commander and spiritual leader of the entire Sisterhood is the Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas. Below the Abbess are the Prioresses of the two Convents who are in charge of their Convent and the various Orders based there. These orders are divided into the Orders Militant (commonly known as the Sisters of Battle) and non-Militant Orders.
A typical Order of the Sisters of Battle will consist of:
- Officers: Canoness', Palatines, Dogmatas, Reliquants, Sister Superiors
- Elites: Imagifiers, Celestians, Zephyrim
- Troops: Battle Sisters, Dominions, Retributors, Seraphim, Repentia
- Specialists from other Orders: Dialogus, Hospitaller, Hagiolater, Famulous
- Ecclesiarchy Support: Crusaders, Death Cult Assassins, Arco-flagellants, Priests, Missionaries, Frateris Militia
- Walkers & Vehicles: Paragon Warsuits, Penitent Engines, Rhinos, Repressors, Castigators, Immolators, Exorcists, Thunderhawks, Lightning Strike Fighters
Sisters of Battle Armoury
Orders of the Adepta Sororitas
Codices and Background Books