Welcome to Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum! We hope you will contribute much and well. You will probably want to read the [Lexicanum:Help help pages]. Again, welcome and have fun! Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 22:59, 24 September 2019 (MDT)
This applies to all text that you have added. 1:1 copy (or almost). That is expressively forbidden. You have to formulate in your own words. All of that has to be thoroughly rewritten --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 15:54, 29 January 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. The page has been cleaned up and split into relevant chunks. Squirem (talk) 03:00, 31 January 2020 (UTC)
Please see my changes. Also: the image is missing a footnote. And please check if the sources really say "Aeldari" or not rather "Eldar". We do not retrofit sources. --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 06:18, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
The Wandering Inquisitor
Please see my changes, thanks. Also please note that Lexicanum policy is (as opposed to some other wikis) to insert internal links even for not-yet existing articles (so-called red links). This has practical reasons, for example not having to go back later to insert such links and being able to make use of tools such as "What links here" and "Most wanted pages". --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 22:22, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
What do you think of the info for the Sensei and the Star Child from 'Realm of Chaos: The Lost and The Damned' on pages 184-191? One can read 'Realm of Chaos: The Lost and The Damned' as a pdf. Waiting123456
- I'm currently working on updating the Star Child lore, with the 'Lost and Damned' being the primary source for the background. Other sources referencing or alluding to the Star Child include the Inquisitor trilogy, the 3rd edition appendix, and a bit in Xenology. Squirem (talk) 00:19, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
There is an implication for the Star Child in the Eye of Terror novel. Below is a book excerpt for it. A Daemon mused that the Emperor integrate the Chaos Gods into a sane and harmonious warp entity that would pacify the warp should he be released from his body.
- I would have to read the book myself before integrating any source into the article. I would need to read the book in full to understand the context, just as I recently did with the Inquisitor trilogy. Either way, that reddit post does not contribute any new information, or rather any information specifically related to the Star Child. Squirem (talk) 01:39, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
Damon Prytanis is a natural Perpetual as shown in chapter 7 of The Unremembered Empire (Novel). I do not know where people get the notion Damon Prytanis is an artificial Perpetual because of the Cabal. Waiting123456
- The perpetuals are not directly connected with the Sensei. One could speculate that perhaps they are the Sensei, and Ollanius Persson was perhaps the first Sensei to sacrifice himself to the Emperor, but I would never include such speculation in articles. I've seen a message from Gav Thorpe stating that the Perpetual storyline was something other authors worked on, but he himself was working on bringing back the Shaman origin theory, which to me indicates that the old lore and the new lore are two uncoordinated developments. Either way, unless there is a published source establishing the link between the two, I do not wish to make note of the relationship between Perpetuals and Sensei. For now, my focus is on the Star Child, Sensei, Illuminati, and Shaman lore as part of a grander effort to reorganize how factions are presented on the front page. You can see my previous work on the Aeldari, Asuryani, and Corsair pages as part of that effort. Squirem (talk) 01:39, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
- To reiterate, please try to avoid adding any speculation within the articles. Only rely on explicit, or strongly implied sources for any writings. Also, please make sure to actually read the full sources before citing them. Doing so helps avoid fan-theories and memes from leaking into the Lexicanum. Squirem (talk) 01:42, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
I have only put in factual info. I know the Perpetuals are not directly connected with the Sensei. I just wanted to show facts I noticed when reading the books the Perpetuals appear in.
Do you think 'Realm of Chaos: The Lost and The Damned' and its sister book contradict each other on the Sensei? I hope you are still here. Waiting123456
- I do not see any contradiction between the two. The only difference is the Lost and Damned actually elaborates upon the Star Child, while Slaves to Darkness only references the "Sensei-Emperor". I am planning on writing a separate article, because the Star Child and Sensei-Emperor are not exactly the same being. The Sensei-Emperor is the revives Emperor upon the sacrifice of the Sensei, which the Illuminati identify with the Star Child. However, we also know the Star Child may be born regardless of the sacrifice. By the way, you should google how to post replies on mediawiki sites. Squirem (talk) 19:47, 18 March 2020 (UTC)
Have you heard about the new Perpetual that is coming to Dan Abnett's first Siege of Terra book? Its a female Perpetual named Erda. There is going to revelations about the Perpetuals.
Erda was in the Dramatis Personae for 'Saturnine'.
She was shocked the Emperor did not come after her when most of the Perpetuals stopped serving him.
We might have to make a page for Erda when we have gotten to read Saturnine.
Waiting123456 March 23rd, 2020, 1:23
- Don't read much Horus Heresy myself, and I don't much care for the concept of Perpetuals either. Not that I'm arguing against their canonicity, but I can't bring myself to care enough for their storyline. Sensei, for me, are different, because they actually function as an independent faction, separate from the Imperium. It's great that someone is tracking that plotline. Even if I don't care to read, I do still like to know the developments. Squirem (talk) 05:08, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
Erda said that she met the Emperor during the days of the first cities of Old Earth and that the two of them were roughly coeval when they met. Below is a link about her and John. I'll delete the link should you want me to.
Waiting123456 March 23rd, 2020, 11:16
The Fall of Medusa V
Please try to follow the layout given in the citation guidelines for external, archived webpages. You know, as a step to one day approach something like a standardization. Thanks in advance. --Inquisitor S., Großmeister des Ordo Lexicanum (talk) 08:30, 13 April 2020 (UTC)