Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum:Signature(Redirected from Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum:Signatures)
Signatures identify you as a user and your contributions.
Signatures in discussions on Discussion pages and on User talk pages identify the author of a particular comment with the date and time at which that comment was made. Other users can then navigate to a Discussion/ Talk page and address their comments to the specific, relevant user(s). Discussion is an important part of collaborative editing, because it helps all users to understand the progress and evolution of a work.
Where to use signatures
How to insert a a signature
Typing "--~~~~" (2 x "-", 4 x "~") will be automatically converted into your signature and a timestamp.
How to modify your signature
Go to "Preferences" in your User buttons bar and under the tab "User profile" you will find the option to edit your signature:
You also have the option to check the box for treating your signature as wikitext (without an automatic link directing people to your User Page). This is however not recommended as it just makes life harder for other users.
What is not allowed in signatures
You cannot choose a signature that is:
- misleading, because it:
- impersonates other people
- gives the impression that the account has permissions which it does not have; e.g., by containing the terms "moderator", "administrator", "admin", "sysop", "bureaucrat" or similar terms
- could be easily misunderstood to refer to a "bot" (which is used to identify bot accounts) or a "script" (which alludes to automated editing processes) - unless the account is of that type
- includes phrases such as "Lexicanum", "Bell of Lost Souls", "BoLS", or similar if they give the incorrect impression that the account may be officially affiliated with Bell of Lost Souls or the Lexicanum.
- resembles IP addresses, timestamps or other names which would be confusing within the Lexicanum signature format.
- disruptive or offensive, because it:
- contains profanities or references controversies
- is abusive
- is racist
- is inflammatory
- contains or implies personal attacks
- seems intended to provoke emotional reaction ("trolling")
- shows a clear intent to disrupt Lexicanum
- commercial/ promotional, for example it:
- unambiguously represents the name of a company, group, institution or product
- contains or is an Email address or contains an URL that promote a commercial web page
- implying shared use between more than one person
- confusing for other reasons
- containing non-language unicode characters and emoji
Signature use that is intentionally and persistently disruptive may lead to blocking and banning of the offending user.
If you want to read more on Signatures, read on here.