Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command
|Publisher||Green Man Gaming Publishing|
|Genre||Simultaneous Turn-Based Strategy|
Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command is a 2020 turn-based strategy PC game by Binary Planets. It allows users to command a squadron of Imperial or Ork aircraft in a number of pre-written scenarios from the Invasion of Rynn's World. Players can also embark on a longer campaign of randomly-generated missions as the Imperial Navy.
Each scenario may be played as either the Imperial Navy or the Ork Air Waaagh!. Scenarios are available in single-player (vs. AI) and multi-player (online) modes.
- Bandits Over the Hellblades: Ork Fightas intercept a Thunderbolt training flight from 'Vanquish' Squadron of the 301st Fighter Wing over the Hellblade Mountains[3a]
- The Straggler: Orks attempt to intercept a damaged Marauder Bomber[3a]
- Behind Enemy Lines: Imperial Valkyries attempt to extract Guard ground forces after a reconnaissance mission in the Arclan Basin[3a]
- Clash of Aces: Patrols led by Aces Richter Dagor-Jarni and Da Black Barun duel in the skies above the Great Scarp[3a]
- Hunkered Down: Ork aircraft attempt to annihilate the crew of a crashed Marauder south of Mirror Lake[3a]
- Bladefoot: Dakka Da Slugga's bomma skwadron launches an attack against the 'Bladefoot' supply base in the Hellblade Mountains[3a]
- Battle for Arcalan Basin: the Orks pursue a retreating Imperial armoured column across the Arcalan Basin by land and air[3a]
- Killision: Ork fighta-bommers carrying deadly grot bomms intercept Marauders of the 879th Bomber Wing during Operation Fading Light, an attempt to bombard the massed Ork forces east of the Anshar Mountains[3a]
- Surgakill Strike: Ork aircraft transport an elite group of [Nobz] to assault an Imperial air base supporting ground operations in the Arcalan Basin [3a]
- A Hill to Die On: the Imperials launch Operation Light's Dawn to land the Arvus Lighters of the Stygian Skulls on Hill 112-16, escorted by Thunderbolts from the 103rd Fighter Wing[3a] (added in the Skulls Pack DLC)
The game's campaign mode sees the player vie for air superiority over Rynn's World through a string of randomly-generated missions. Over the course of the campaign, players may level up Navy pilots as they gain experience. The campaign feature is available only for the Imperial Navy.
Characters and Forces
- Flight Commander Richter Dagor-Jarni: Imperial Navy Ace, pilot of the Thunderbolt Fighter 'Executioner'[3a]
- Stygian Skulls: an elite unit of the Imperial Guard
- Skulls Pack — introduced the scenario A Hill to Die On
Trivia and Notes
- The game's highest difficulty setting, 'Apostle,' is probably a reference to the elite fighter unit of that name featured in the novel Double Eagle.
- Invasion of Rynn's World
- Rynn's World (Novel)
- Aeronautica Imperialis (game)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Rynn's World Air War
- 1: Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command homepage (saved archive page, dated 2 December 2021, last accessed 17 December 2021)
- 2: Skulls Pack DLC product description (saved archive page, dated 5 August 2020, last accessed 18 December 2021)
- 3: Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command
- 3a: Scenario selection menu