Aeronautica Imperialis (2019)
|This article is about the 2019 tabletop game; for the 2006 original game, see Aeronautica Imperialis (game).|
Aeronautica Imperialis is a miniatures tabletop game of Aerial Combat in the Universe of Warhammer 40000, released in 2019. It is a relaunch of the original Aeronautica Imperialis 2006 game.
Aeronautica Imperialis brings the high-velocity aerial combat of the 41st Millennium to your tabletop. Designed to recreate the sheer speed and tactical tension of skyborne warfare, this new system is compact, fast-paced and fine-tuned – turning every tabletop dogfight into both a thrilling spectacle and a worthy test of wits. Only requiring a handful of models to play, Aeronautica Imperialis is ideal for the hobbyist on the go. Regardless of your time or space, you’ll find it easy to squeeze in a game.
Aeronautica Imperialis is played on a hex-grid, called the area of engagement. 
Tokens are used for keeping track of your aircraft between activations (the game uses alternating activations) and noting just who is where and doing what at a glance. You’ll also use them to mark Ace Manoeuvres
In Aeronautica Imperialis, movement is represented by dives, banking turns and sudden aerial acrobatics. Rather than move normally, each turn will see you and your opponent secretly pick Ace Manoeuvres for your craft before revealing and executing them.
This adds a strategic layer to the game where you try and work out just what your enemy has planned while getting yourself in the best possible position to enact your own plans. 
The new models are designed at an 8mm scale, the same as the recently-rebooted Adeptus Titanicus, as opposed to the 6mm miniatures of the Original 2006 version
They were designed by the team behind Adeptus Titanicus (2018) to recreate icons of the 41st Millennium on a compact scale without losing charm or detail.
Combining a traditional flying stand, pre-marked with firing arcs and containing trackers for Speed and Altitude, they’ll ensure your models are easy to game with. Thanks to the ball-jointed stem, you’ll also be able to pose them in all manner of exciting dynamic poses – climbing, dropping, banking or whatever else you fancy.
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Wings of Vengeance (2019)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Skies of Fire (2020)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Wrath of Angels (2021)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Rynn's World Air War (2019)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Taros Air War (2020)
- Aeronautica Imperialis: Companion (2022)
- Horus Heresy: Aeronautica Imperialis (2022)
- See dedicated miniatures gallery : Miniatures (Aeronautica Imperialis)
Aeronautica Imperialis (2019) Quick reference sheet
- 1: Warhammer Community: New Reveals at Gen Con! (Posted 01/08/2019) (Last accessed on 26 August 2019)
- 2: Warhammer Community: Aeronautica Imperialis: What’s in the Box? (Posted 26/08/2019) (Last accessed on 26 August 2019)
- 3: Warhammer Community : Aeronautica Imperialis: The Models! (27/08/19) (saved archive, dated 27/08/19, last accessed 09/03/22)
- 4: Games Workshop webstore : Aeronautica Imperialis: Wings of Vengeance (saved archive, dated 05/11/21, last accessed 09/03/22)
|Epic Scale Games|
|Epic||1989||Space Marine (1st Edition)|
|1991||Space Marine (2nd Edition) (Armies of the Imperium • Renegades • Ork and Squat Warlords • Hive War • Space Marine Battles)|
|2003||Epic Armageddon (Epic Swordwind)|
|Adeptus Titanicus||1988||Adeptus Titanicus (Codex Titanicus)|
|2000||Adeptus Titanicus II (2000)|
|2018||Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy (Titandeath • Doom of Molech • Shadow and Iron • The Defence of Ryza • Crucible of Retribution • Loyalist Legios • Traitor Legios)|
|Aeronautica Imperialis||2006||Aeronautica Imperialis (2006) (Game Rulebook • Tactica Aeronautica)|
|2019||Aeronautica Imperialis (2019) (Rynn’s World Air War • Taros Air War • Companion • Horus Heresy)|