|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
|Tithe Grade:||Exactis Tertius|
Agripinaa exists upon the threshold of the Eye of Terror. Were it not for the defences of the Cadian System, it would have fallen long ago. The planet's technological bounty has led many Warpsmiths of Chaos to raid the planet, including several full-scale invasions. This has left its surface with a battered and scarred appearance, its atmosphere toxic to human life, forcing the population of 80 million industrial slaves to live in sealed hives. In exchange for protection, Agripinaa provides the Cadian System with most of its armaments as well as supplementing them with Skitarii forces.
Agripinaa does not sit solely on the defensive, however. They have a history of dispatching war fleets into the Eye of Terror to crush Forge Worlds of the Dark Mechanicus. One notable campaign was against the Dark Forge of Temporia.
Three fullagri-worlds supports Agripinaa with food — Yayor, Dentor and Ulthor. The main defence of Agripinaa includes Titans of the Legio Praesidium Vortex, a trio of Ramilies-class Star Forts, Battlefleet Agripinaa, along with many Skitarii Legions and the fleets of the Basilikon Astra.
Thirteenth Black Crusade
Due to its proximity to the Cadian Gate, Agripinaa suffered greatly during Abaddon the Despoiler's 13th Black Crusade. The planet was invaded by an enormous World Eaters army under Kossolax the Foresworn, who sacrificed millions of its citizens over forty hours to summon a horde of Khornate Daemons, including a Bloodthirster. Eventually, however, thanks to four companies of the Blood Angels, the World Eaters and their Daemonic allies were defeated and pushed off the devastated world.
Following the destruction of Cadia in the Thirteenth Black Crusade, Chaos forces launched another assault on Agripinaa. Daemon Engines led by many Warpsmiths invaded the Forge World, diseases and maladies ravaged on its surface, thrown at the planet from the hulks appeared from the Eye. Hordes of shambling dead crawled from the vents and cog clusters of cities. Later the battle was joined by the fleets of the World Eaters, Night Lords, Black Legion, Thousand Sons and Death Guard Legions under the World Eaters Chaos lord Kossolax. The Cadian Diaspora proved decisive in the world's defense.
Agripinaa is known to produce its own patterns of autogun:
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 8
- 2: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 25
- 3: White Dwarf 286 (UK), pgs. 64–65
- 4: Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pg. 148
- 5: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One, pgs. 42–43
- 6: Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition), pg. 17
- 7: Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition: Imperial Guard, pg. 18
- 8: Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) — Temples of the Omnissiah
- 9: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook, pg. 50
- 10: Cadia Stands (Novel), Part Four, Chapter One
- 11: The Lords of Silence (Novel), Chapters Thirteen-Fourteen
- 12: Hunting Ground (Short Story) - Servants of the Machine-God (Anthology)