|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
It is said that no Space Marine Chapter is as active as the Angels Encarmine. Their Chapter Master, Castellan Zargo, cannot rest at peace and so forever seeks opportunities to lead his Battle-Brothers on campaign. As a result, the Angels Encarmine are rarely at full strength, though what they lack in numbers is more than compensated for in determined fervour.[4b]
Chapter Colours and Organisation
While the Angels Encarmine still follow the organisational traditions of their parent chapter, their Death Company and their Sanguinary Guard are armoured in pure white alabaster instead of the traditional black or gold.[4a] It is worrying to note that their Death Company rarely numbers less than 30 warriors, implying increasing instability in their gene-seed.[4b]
Noted Elements of the Angels Encarmine
- Battle of Hell's Hollow — 266.M37[6a]
- The Angels Encarmine participated in the effort to reclaim Rynn's World, the Crimson Fists' Homeworld from the invading Orks.
- In 991.M41 the Angels Encarmine took part in the Stromark Civil War.[4c]
- ~M42 — The Devastation of Baal — Two thirds of the Chapter's strength is lost in battle with Hive Fleet Leviathan, including Castellan Zargo.
- Ilemnial — famous Castellan
- Zargo — last known Castellan of the Chapter, killed during the Devastation of Baal
In Codex: Angels of Death (2nd Edition) and Codex: Blood Angels (3rd Edition), the Angels Encarmine are depicted as wearing vermillion-coloured armour with a yellow chest eagle, black shoulder pad trims and backpack.
|Red Dawn||Power Axe|||
- 1: Codex: Angels of Death (2nd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Blood Angels (3rd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 3: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 82
- 4: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition)
- 5: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter, pg. 131
- 6: Codex: Blood Angels (7th Edition), (E-Book)
- 7: Imperial Armour II - Ork, Eldar and Dark Eldar Vehicles for Warhammer 40,000, pg. 31
- 8: The Devastation of Baal (Novel), Chapter 24