Angels of Redemption
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Angels of Redemption is a Successor Chapter of the Dark Angels, created during the Second Founding.
They are almost as famous as their progenitors, but are known to quickly abandon war efforts, at grievous cost to their allies, in favour of hunting the Fallen. As such, most Imperial forces refuse their help, which causes some conflict with Space Marines of other Chapters. The Angels of Redemption's numerous abandonments of their assigned tasks, eventually led to calls for the Chapter to be censured by the Inquisition, but this been forestalled due to the opening of the Great Rift. The giant Warp Storm has prevented reports of the Angels of Redemption's further misdeeds from reaching Terra, which has allowed the most dedicated of the Unforgiven Chapters to continue their secret quest to hunt the Fallen.[9a]
- Forgotten Wars[6b]
- The Cataclysm of Souls: The Angels of Redemption fight alongside the rest of the Unforgiven, but undertake their own dark mission during the campaign that likely involved the Fallen.
- The Gothic War
- Defence of Gatlinghive: The Angels of Redemption abandoned their posts just before the Orks' final assault, to capture the Fallen Baalakai, a former Captain. This resulted in the fall of Gatlinghive and the massacre of all the remaining humans.[6a]
- Third War for Armageddon: The Angels of Redemption committed 4 companies to the Third War, during which they were redirected to the homeworld of the Monglor Ogryn Auxilia in order to put down an insurrection by the indigenous Ogryn population.
- Achilus Crusade: A force composed of members of the 1st and 2nd companies were deployed into the Jericho Reach in 811.M41, without any request from the high command of the crusade. They arrived at Fortress Spite, Ebongrave’s seat of power, and demanded entry into the dungeons of Sepulchre Sigma. The guards' refusal to allow entry led to a short firefight, resulting in the Space Marines slaying 33 men and leaving for the Hadex Anomaly after retrieving a stasis-casket from the dungeons.
- Battle of the Caliban System
- 13th Black Crusade.
- Invasion of the Stygius Sector
- War of Beasts: 1 Company is sent as part of the Unforgiven force.
- Nachmund Rift War
The Angels of Redemption differentiate somewhat from their Dark Angels fore-bearers, which replaced the the 1st and 2nd Companies with the Deathwing and Ravenwing respectively. Instead, the Angels of Redemption have dubbed their first 2 companies Redwings in emulation.[9b]
|The Bastion Unwavering||Storm Shield|||
- Gualtino - Member of the Deathwatch. Killed by the Tau on QX-937.
- 1: Codex: Armageddon (3rd Edition), pg. 32
- 2: Codex: Dark Angels (3rd Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 3: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), [Needs Citation]
- 4: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, [Needs Citation]
- 5: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter, pg. 125
- 6: Codex: Dark Angels (6th Edition)
- 7: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 80
- 8: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 97
- 9: Codex: Dark Angels (8th Edition)
- 10: Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant, pg. 79
- 11: Storm of Damocles (Novel), Chapter Two
- 12: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 8
- 13: The Unforgiven (Novel) - The Beginning and the End
- 14: War Zone Nachmund: Rift War, pg. 30
- Armageddon Imperial Forces (last accessed 2007.02.18)