|This article is about the Space Marine Chapter; for the Eldar space vessel, see Aurora Light Cruiser.|
The Aurora Chapter is a Chapter of Space Marines formed from the Ultramarines Legion during the Second Founding. Like all descendants of the Ultramarines, they are strict followers of the Codex Astartes.
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Aurora Chapter operates largely in the Ultima Segmentum and are known for their armored assaults, and as such possesses three times the typical number of Land Raiders and Predators[2a]; all of which are manufacutred on their Homeworld Firestorm. After defeating the Alpha Legion in the Redemption Rebellion alongside the Knights of the Raven in 744.M41, the Aurora Chapter blamed the Knights for their heavy losses and have been in a bitter feud with them since.
Battles and Campaigns
- 121.M31 — Battle of Thessala.[15a]
- 544-546.M32 — The War of the Beast. The Aurora Chapter fought under Master of the Forge Aloysian as part of a force led by Maximus Thane on Ullanor.
- 282.M36 — An armored spearhead of the Aurora Chapter halted the Ork invasion of Grylos.
- 650.M41: The First Company was deployed against Chaos cultists during the Goru Heresy.
- The chapter is mentioned in connection with Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn as having been responsible for saving another Inquisitor from the daemonhost Cherubael after it slew his entire retinue.
- The Chapter was involved in a conflict with the Knights of the Raven, a fellow Space Marine Chapter. The conflict was ended by the intervention of Marneus Calgar, Chapter Master of the Ultramarines.[2b]
- 926.M41 — Elements of the Chapter were sent to battle the Necron World Engine.[2d][2f]
- Late M41 — The battle for the world of Satys against Hive Fleet Leviathan.
- An Aurora Chapter Predator spearhead aided Ultramarine Captain Cato Sicarius in the Zeist Campaign, circa 999.M41, reclaiming several worlds previously annexed by the expanding Tau Empire, including Augura, which was being used as a Tau staging point.[2e]
- 999.M41 — 13th Black Crusade.
- ~111.M42 — The Battle of Raukos
- ~100s.M42 — The Plague Wars. The Aurora Chapter provides 5 Companies.
Noted Elements of the Chapter
- Ludon — Chapter Master during the Battle of Thessala.[15a]
- Herak Nhuson — former Chapter Master that was killed during the Goru Heresy
- Aloysian — Master of the Forge during the War of the Beast
- Donas Maxim — Codicier
- Laemodon - Scout
- Harbinger of Death — Predator Destructor that fought alongside the first company of the Chapter against Chaos cultists during the Goru Heresy.
- 1: Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition), pg. 42
- 2: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 31
- 4: Malleus (Novel) by Dan Abnett, Prologue
- 5: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter, pg. 132
- 6: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition) (E-Book Edition) pgs. 65–67
- 7: Index Astartes: Chaplains, pg. 7
- 8: Dataslate: Tyranid Onslaught - Rising Leviathan III (Background Book), Introduction, Invasion
- 9: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 84
- 10: Codex: Space Marines (7th Edition) — Ultramarines Successor Chapters
- 11: Imperial Armour Volume Two (Second Edition), pg. 20
- 12: The Last Son of Dorn (Novel) Chapter 15
- 13: The Horus Heresy Book Five pg. 81
- 14: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 98
- 15: Dark Imperium (Novel) by Guy Haley
- 15a: Chapter Two
- 16: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook pgs. 158–159
- 17: Warhammer Combat Cards, Card Description