From Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum
|This article is about the Space Marine Chapter; for the Templars of Blood vessel, see Blood Sword.|
|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Blood Swords are a Codex Chapter with the notable distinction of one of their Chapter Masters being entombed within a Dreadnought.[1b]
The chapter has close ties and a shared history with the Star Dragons Chapter, as their home worlds are near each other.
Currently the Blood Swords are serving with Containment Fleet Kappa, near the Eye of Terror, as part of their Chapter’s ongoing penitence crusade.
- 777.M41 - The Achilus Crusade.
- 845.M41 - The Blood Swords Chapter conduct the purging of the Inando system. More than one hundred billion Imperial citizens are slain in the resulting Exterminatus actions.[2b]
- ???.M41 - Supported the Blood Angels on Baal against Chaos and Tyranid forces during the recent conclave meeting of the Sanguinius bloodline, called by Chapter Master Dante to discuss the fate of the Founding Chapter. Assisted in the defense of the remains of the Primarch himself.[1b][1c]
- ~M42 - The Devastation of Baal
- Daggan - Dreadnought and former Chapter Master.
- Ercon - Current Chapter Master.
- In the novel Red Fury by James Swallow, the Blood Swords are identified as a Successor Chapter of the Blood Angels.[1a] However, the 5th edition Blood Angels codex states that the Blood Swords do not claim descent from the Blood Angels, despite the suggestiveness of the name.
- 1: Red Fury (Novel)
- 2: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
- 3: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pg. 54
- 4: Deathwatch Core Rulebook, pg. 339
- 5: Accursed Eternity (Novella) - Architect of Fate (Anthology), Chapter One
- 6: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 89