|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The Brazen Claws' homeworld of Talus IV was destroyed by a horde of daemons and the Chapter was forced to flee the planet as it fell to Chaos. They then went on a Crusade against the forces of Chaos into the Eye of Terror to earn vengeance and regain their honor and were rarely seen in the Imperium thereafter. The crusade turned out to be a disaster, with many hundreds of battle brothers dying for little gain. Some Captains abandoned the crusade, seeing little worth in it and wishing to rebuild the Chapter. Others were killed in noble, but ultimately meaningless combat on daemon worlds. Worse still, several companies turned from the Emperor's light and embraced Chaos. Following twenty years of defeat and Pyrrhic victories, Chapter Master Caul Engentre ordered the chapter to return to the Imperium and rebuild. Just as the remaining companies were boarding their ships, an ambush was launched and a dozen warships and two full companies of traitor Brazen Claws jumped in system and attacked. The result of the battle is unclear.
Despite this, the Chapter is described as having "fallen", but it is not known if the Claws have all turned to Chaos.
Notable battles and campaigns
- 544-546.M32 - The War of the Beast
- 416.M37 - Sarum Ambush
- 223.M39 - Battle of Falax
- 955.M41 - Chaos Forces ravage the Brazen Claws homeworld of Talus IV. In retaliation, Chapter Master Caul Engentre leads a crusade of vengeance into the Eye of Terror. Roughly 60% of the Chapter is lost after 20 years of fighting before they turn back and return to the Materium.
- 999.M41 - The 13th Black Crusade - All 10 companies were fielded against the forces of Chaos in this campaign.
- Destroying of the Tomb World Shemnoch - With the aid of the Iron Hands, the Brazen Claws invaded Shemnoch and eliminated Shemnoch's Necron Dynasty
- ???.M42 - Invasion of the Stygius Sector
- Caul Engentre: Chapter Master at the time of the destruction of Talus IV. Subsequently ordered a crusade of vengeance into the Eye of Terror.
- Macklen Eogh: Captain of 1st Company
- Erod: Captain of the 2nd Company. Took what was left of his company out of the Eye to begin the process of rebuilding the Chapter.
- Embrose Kalgach: Captain of 3rd Company
- Julas Imbolkh: Captain of 7th Company
- Duro: Captain of the 8th Company. Turned traitor with his company and 9th Company in the Eye of Terror. 
- Firlus Ghad: Master of the Forge
- Jurkim Bohr: Iron Father and Deathwatch member during the War of the Beast.
- 1: Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition)
- 2: Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), pg. 47
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)
- 4: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 83
- 5: Codex: Eye of Terror (3rd Edition), pg. 16
- 6: Insignium Astartes, pg. 58
- 7: Phalanx (Novel) by Ben Counter, Chapter 4
- 8: Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), pg. 47
- 9: Index Astartes I, pg. 29
- 10: No Worse Sin (Short Story) by Joe Parrino
- 11: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 83
- 12: The Last Son of Dorn (Novel) Chapter 1