Conquered by Lord Militant Angevin a thousand years ago, the Calixis Sector contains many heavily populated and important worlds, although it lies a great distance from the Imperium's heartland. Its first governor was Drusus, one of Angevin’s most capable generals, a man now revered as an Imperial Saint.[Needs Citation]
To trailing, the Calixis Sector is bordered by the hazardous territories of the Fydae Great Cloud and to spinward by the Scarus Sector. Bordering to coreward, its nearest neighbour is the Ixaniad Sector. To rimward lay the contested and unregulated frontiers of the Koronus Expanse and the Halo Stars.[Needs Citation]
The Calixis Sector is split into several sub-sectors:
The Drusus Marches is heavily populated with several Hive Worlds, but also wilderness and warzones on its edges, as well as the Imperial Navy station Port Wander. It also contains the Koronus Passage, a stable but dangerous warp route that passes through the Great Warp Storms separating Calixis from the Koronus Expanse, the Screaming Vortex and the Void Dancer's Roil.[2b]
The Periphery exists on the spinward edge of the Calixis Sector and was the domain of Severus XIII until his secession. It is the location of the Spinward Front and the Severan Dominate. The sub-sector capital is Kulth.
The Hive World of Scintilla, situated in the Golgenna Reach, is the capital of the Calixis Sector. Along with the hellish Mining World Sepheris Secundus and the war-torn planet Iocanthos, it forms a triumvirate of worlds essential for the sector’s survival. The most powerful man in the Calixis Sector is officially Sector Governor Marius Hax, who rules the sector in the name of the Adeptus Terra from the Lucid Palace on Scintilla. However, the Calixian Conclave, led by Lord Inquisitor Caidin, is the ultimate authority in the sector, a clandestine and all-powerful presence behind the visible emblems and figureheads of power. No one can gainsay the word of the Inquisition. Other important Imperial servants are Lord Inquisitor Zerbe of the Tyrantine Cabal, Cardinal Ignato of the Ecclesiarchy, Lord Marshal Goreman of the Adeptus Arbites, Senior Astropath Xiao, and Canoness Goneril of the Adepta Sororitas. However, the power of the Adepta is rivalled by the Great Houses, the noble families and corporations, which maintain a presence across the sector. Even the minor noble houses, those whose influence is limited to a single world, hold a great deal of power over ordinary citizens.[Needs Citation]
Calixis Sector in Segmentum Obscurus
- The Calixis Sector is the primary setting for the Dark Heresy role-playing game.
- 1: Rogue Trader Rulebook, pgs. 335–362
- 2: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector (saved archive page, dated October 2012)
- 2a: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector - Adrantis Sub-Sector (saved archive page, dated October 2012)
- 2b: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector - Drusus Marches (saved archive page, dated October 2012)
- 2c: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector - Golgenna Reach (saved archive page, dated October 2012)
- 2d: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector - The Hazeroth Sub-Sector (saved archive page, dated October 2012)
- 2e: Fantasy Flight Games - The Calixis Sector - Malfian Sub-Sector (saved archive page, dated October 2012)