Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition)|
Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition)
The Adeptus Mechanicus are the keepers and manufacturers of technology for the Imperium of Mankind. It is a role they guard jealously, using their own standing armies, engines of war and god-machines. It is within their power to unleash the most arcane weaponry in the Imperium, and they do so without mercy. Grim processions of soldiers stride in perfect unison, each one a disturbing fusion of man and machine. Behind them stomp soulless automata, and towering over them are enormous walkers. An Adeptus Mechanicus army marching to war is a sight both terrifying and glorious.
- Disciples of the Machine God: a detailed history of the Adeptus Mechanicus, from their inception to the 41st Millennium, describing their devotion to the divine trinity – the Omnissiah, the Machine God and the Motive Force
- An illustrated organisation of the Adeptus Mechanicus’ fighting forces, divided into macroclades, cohorts and maniples, with an overview of the hierarchy of the Cult Mechanicus
- Bastions of the Machine God: a map of their forge worlds, Mechanicus-aligned Knight worlds, Skitarii expeditions and Dark Mechanicus worlds
- Iconography of the Adeptus Mechanicus: icons, sigils and background information for 11 infamous forge worlds
- The Ever-faithful: colours and heraldries for 17 examples of Kastelan Robots of the Cult Mechanicus
- A guide to the structure of a Mechanicus-aligned Knight House, with 4 examples of Questor Mechanicus heraldry
- A detailed timeline of key events, discoveries and battles in the history of the Adeptus Mechanicus
- Background and details on each character, vehicle and unit available to an Adeptus Mechanicus army
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the major forge worlds expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Adeptus Mechanicus army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 22 datasheets containing rules for every Adeptus Mechanicus unit
- Army abilities reflecting the Adeptus Mechanicus’ methods of war
- Armoury of the Machine God: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Adeptus Mechanicus
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- Congregations of War: rules for Battle-forged armies
- Forge World Dogma for armies with the following forge world keywords – Mars, Graia, Metalica, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, and Ryza
- 28 Stratagems, 20 of which are unique to this army – 7 are used with specific forge worlds, and 1 is specific to the Questor Mechanicus
- the Arcana Mechanicus: a selection of rare wargear, some forgeworld-specific
- 6 Warlord Traits for use by any Warlord, with a further 7 specific to the main forge worlds: Mars, Graia, Metalica, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, and Ryza
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
- Codex, a general overview of all Codex publications.