Codex: Angels of Death (2nd Edition)
The General Structure
The Codex: Angels of Death is an expansion book for the Games Workshop Table Top game Warhammer 40,000. This book was published for the first time in 1996, and is for the 2nd edition of Warhammer 40,000.
The book has 120 pages and the cover is printed in colour while the majority of the book remains in black and white, although there are several pages of colour images of miniatures in the centre of the book.
This book contains background information and fiction on both the Dark Angels and Blood Angels chapters, from their part in the Great Crusade to their present structure. The book also details the respective secret each chapter has, forming a link between the two.
Special character models
- Lord Commander Dante — Current Chapter Master of the Blood Angels.
- Mephiston — Chief Librarian.
- Brother Corbulo — Sanguiniary High Priest.
- Brother Captain Tycho — Captain of the 3rd Battle Company.
- Supreme Grand Master Azrael — Current Chapter Master of the Dark Angels.
- Ezekiel — Current Chief Librarian of the Dark Angels.
- Asmodai — Interrogator Chaplain.
- Brother Bethor — Bearer of the Sacred Standard
This book contains hobby information on chapter organisation with emphasis on each chapter's specific deviations from rigid codex. There are miniature galleries highlighting company markings, squad markings, banners, sergeants, librarians, apothecaries, chaplains and their specific colourings. The book also contains information regarding successor chapters.
Authors, Artists and Coworkers
During the production of this book, the following persons were involved considerably.
- Codex, a general overview of all Codex publications.
|Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition Rulebook
|Ultramarines • Angels of Death • Space Wolves • Sisters of Battle • Imperial Guard • Chaos • Eldar • Orks • Tyranids • Assassins
|Storm of Vengeance
|Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition Box Set
|Codex Army Lists • Codex Imperialis • Wargear • Dark Millennium • Battles