Codex: Space Wolves (8th Edition)
|Preceded by||Codex: Space Wolves (7th Edition)|
|Followed by||Codex Supplement: Space Wolves (9th Edition)|
From their unassailable polar stronghold, the Fang, on the frozen death world of Fenris, the Space Wolves cast off into the Sea of Stars seeking out Mankind’s most vicious enemies to defeat in glorious battle. Each Space Wolf is a warrior of legend whose heroic deeds are recorded in epic sagas. They are Space Marines, the deadly creations of the Emperor and the genetic heirs of the Primarch Leman Russ. As the Imperium shudders under the weight of invasion, the Space Wolves are needed more than ever to drive back the endless hordes of piratical xenos, foul warp-spawn and loathsome heretics.
- The Sons of Russ: the origin and history of the Space Wolves, an iconic and fiercely independent Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes who have existed for over ten thousand years. This section spans their ancient origins, through the Great Crusade, the burning of Prospero to the present time
- The Death World of Fenris: notable as especially harsh even amongst the death worlds of the Imperium, Fenris is a world of fire and ice – this section details just how brutal life on this inhospitable planet can be
- Rites of Initiation: the act of turning a mortal man into a Sky Warrior is long, punishing and arduous – surviving the process detailed here is to prove one’s cunning, strength and fortitude beyond question
- The Great Companies: an explanation of the manner in which the Great Companies are led, and which of the Wolf Lords is granted the status of Great Wolf at any given time, with background on the 13 Companies
- Aspects of the Wolf: the heraldry and iconography of the Space Wolves, with examples of decorated weapons
- Annals of the Space Wolves: a lengthy and detailed timeline from the inception of the Space Wolves at the dawn of the Imperium, through ten thousand years of conquest, to the return of the Wulfenkind and the current dire state of the galaxy
- Background on each unit available to a Space Wolves army
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Space Wolves army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 77 datasheets providing rules for using every Space Wolves unit in your games of Warhammer 40,000
- Armoury of the Fang: profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Space Wolves, ranged and close-combat
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games
- Armies of Asaheim: rules for Battle-forged armies, including
- Army abilities that reflect the methods of war of the Space Wolves on the tabletop.
- 27 unique Stratagems
- 6 unique Warlord Traits usable by any Space Wolves commander
- Relics of the Fang: 6 unique weapons and artefacts available only to Space Wolves
- Tempestas Discipline: 6 psychic powers specific to Space Wolves models with the Psyker keyword
- 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Space Wolves.