Combi-weapons are guns used by Imperial and Chaos armies, and are essentially two weapons combined into one. There are two ways of designating them, either Combi-(weapon) or Bolter-(weapon).[Needs Citation]Combinations of meele weapons with ranged weapons can sometimes be referred to as combi-.
- 1 Twin-linked Bolter (Combi-Bolter)
- 2 Bolter-Flamer (Combi-Flamer)
- 3 Infernus Heavy Bolter
- 4 Bolter-Meltagun (Combi-Meltagun)
- 5 Bolter-Plasma Gun (Combi-Plasma Gun)
- 6 Bolter-Graviton gun (Combi-Grav gun)
- 7 Bolter-Volkite (Combi-Volkite)
- 8 Bolter-Grenade Launcher (Combi-Grenade Launcher)
- 9 Bolter-Needler Combi Weapon (Combi-Needler)
- 10 Bolt-Needle Pistol (Combi-Needle Pistol)
- 11 Condemnor Boltgun (Combi-Stake Crossbow)
- 12 Disintegration Combi-gun
- 13 Adrastus bolt caliver
- 14 Plasma Blaster
- 15 Laspistol-Melta Magna-Needle
- 16 Laspistol-Plasma Ultra-Needle
- 17 Stub Gun-Plasma Combi-Pistol
- 18 Combi-Fist
- 19 Autoch-Pattern Combi-Bolter
- 20 Notable Combi-Weapons
- 21 See also
- 22 Sources
Twin-linked Bolter (Combi-Bolter)
Used by the Space Marines since before the Horus Heresy. The Combi-Bolter is essentially two Bolters attached together. While they are no longer produced in the Imperium, in favour of the more advanced successor: the Storm Bolter, some are still held as ancient relics. They are also commonly used by Chaos Space Marines.
Phobos-pattern combi-bolter (Word Bearers)[11b]
Tigrus Pattern Combi-Bolter[11c]
An Ultramarine Terminator with a Phobos Pattern Combi-Bolter
A Horus Heresy-era Thousand Sons Terminator with a Tigris Pattern Combi-Bolter
An Alpha Legion Seeker with an Umbra-Ferrox pattern Combi-Bolter
A Bolter with a Flamer attachment.
Salamanders Tigrus Pattern Combi-Flamer[11a]
Space Wolves 'Vulkan' Pattern Combi-Flamer
House Goliath Combi-Flamer
Infernus Heavy Bolter
The Infernus Heavy Bolter is a heavy weapons version of combi-flamer used by the Deathwatch. The weapon incorporates a heavy bolter and heavy flamer. This weapon is mag-clamped with suspensor discs that reduce the weapon's weight.
A Bolter with a Meltagun attachment.[28a]
Chaos Space Marine Combi-Melta
Alpha Legion Heresy-era Phobos Pattern Combi-Melta[28a]
Raven Guard Heresy-era Tigris Pattern Combi-Melta[28b]
House Goliath Combi-Melta
Bolter-Plasma Gun (Combi-Plasma Gun)
A Bolter combined with a Plasma Gun or Plasma Blaster.
Relic Combi-Plasma Gun used by the Consecrators.
Lion's Wrath, a relic Combi-Plasma used by the Dark Angels.
Lion's Roar, a relic Combi-Plasma that uses a Plasma Blaster instead of a Plasma Gun, used by the Dark Angels.
Night Lords Phobos-Pattern Combi-Plasma Gun.
Word Bearers Phobos-Pattern Combi-Plasma Gun.
A diagram of a Tigris pattern Combi-Plasma.[28c]
Horus Heresy-era Thousand Son with an Umbra-Ferrox pattern Combi-Plasma.
Ultramarine Master of Relics with a Combi-Plasma.
Dark Angels Devastator Sergeant with a Combi-Plasma.
Deathwatch Sergeant with a Combi-Plasma.[25a]
Iron Hands Sternguard Veteran with a Combi-Plasma.
Black Legion Chaos Space Marine Terminator with a Combi-Plasma.
Black Templars Castellan with an Auto-Plasma.
Bolter-Graviton gun (Combi-Grav gun)
Used by Space Mariness, it consists of a Graviton gun combined with a Bolter.
A Bolter with integrated Volkite Charger.
Bolter-Grenade Launcher (Combi-Grenade Launcher)
A Bolter with an auxiliary grenade launcher attachment.
Sister Superior with a Combi-Grenade Launcher
An Astartes with a Combi-Grenade Launcher.[15b]
Bolter-Needler Combi Weapon (Combi-Needler)
A Bolter with a Needler used presumably by House Escher of Necromunda.
Bolt-Needle Pistol (Combi-Needle Pistol)
A Bolt Pistol with an Needle Pistol attachment.
Executioner Pistol a Combi-Needle Pistol used by the Eversor Temple of the Officio Assassinorum[45b]
An Eversor Assassin with an Executioner Pistol[45a]
A ganger of House Escher with an Escher pattern Combi-Needler
Condemnor Boltgun (Combi-Stake Crossbow)
A Bolter with a Stake Crossbow strapped to the side, useful against psykers. Used almost only by the Ordo Hereticus and Sisters of Battle.
The aptly named Condemnor boltgun strikes fear into the hearts of psykers across the galaxy. While the bolter is deadly enough, the blessed Purgatus stake-bolts fired from the crossbow mounted upon the weapon can fell Daemons and witches alike. Precious few of these holy weapons are to be found, but they are a potent instrument against those who wield the powers of the Warp.
Extremely rare weapons used by some Space Marines. These relics of the Dark Age of Technology combine a Bolter with a secondary Disintegration Gun.
Adrastus bolt caliver
Developed as a hybrid of later pattern Imperium bolt weapon designs and Dark Age of Technology 'Adrastite' disintegration beam weapons prohibited from general Great Crusade issue, the Adrastus bolt caliver is a potent shoulder arm serving as a portable heavy weapon for the Legio Custodes. This combination weapon is able to unleash a fusillade of explosive rounds at long range with the potency of the heavy bolters carried by the Legiones Astartes, or at shorter ranges fire a disintegration beam able to rip a target apart at a molecular level, causing its victims to cease to exist in a howling flare of energy.
The Plasma Blaster is essentially two plasma guns combined. It has a somewhat shorter range than plasma guns, but when fired both of its chambers are discharged which double the damage output. These weapons are more reliable than modern plasma guns, as plasma technology was far better understood at the dawn of the Imperium. Dating back to the era of the Great Crusade, these weapons are all but unknown in the battlefields of the 41st Millennium, although a few remain as relics within the armouries of the Adeptus Astartes. Saul Invictus, First Captain of the Ultramarines during the First Tyrannic War, is noted as having wielded a Plasma Blaster in battle.
Used by House Van Saar on Necromunda. It consists of a Melta Pistol and a Laspistol.[17b]
A Magna-Needle Mk.X Pattern Pistol[17b]
A House Van Saar ganger with a Magna-Needle[17a]
Used by House Van Saar on Necromunda. It consists of a Plasma pistol and a Laspistol.[17b]
Stub Gun-Plasma Combi-Pistol
Consists of a Plasma Pistol with Stub Gun attachment. Used by House Goliath on Necromunda.
The Combi-Fist is a Power Fist with a ranged weapon attached to it.
One of the Gauntlets of Ultramar. Integrated with a boltgun.
The Hand of Dominion. Integrated with a boltgun.
Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, used by Aggressors. Integrated with boltguns.[51a][51b]
Flame Gauntlet, used by Aggressors. Integrated with a flamer.[51a]
An Ultramarine Terminator with a thermogenic combi-fist. Integrated with a thermogeic grenade launcher
Alexis Polux's combi-fist. Integrated with a Combi-Melta.[28e]
Twin-barreled Bolter weapon used by the Leagues of Votann.
RAM Shield with built-in Autoch-Pattern Combi-Bolter
- The Arbitrator - Combi-Bolter used as a side arm by Roboute Guilliman during the Horus Heresy[11d]
- Lion's Wrath - Combi-Plasma, Relic of the Dark Angels
- Lion's Roar - Combi-Plasma, Relic of the Dark Angels
- Hand of Dominion - Combi-Fist used by Roboute Guilliman
- Gauntlets of Ultramar - A matching pair of combi-fists used by Marneus Calgar
- Talon of Horus - a lightning claw integrated with a stormbolter, used by Horus Lupercal & Ezekyle Abaddon
- Black Spear - a power spear integrated with a powerful las weapon, used by Asterion Moloc[54a]
- Crozius Arkanos - a Crozius Arcanum integrated with an auxiliary grenade launcher, used by Ivanus Enkomi[54b]
- Gate Maker - a Combi-Melta from the Invaders chapter, currently in use by Watchfortress Jericho.
- Space Marine Weaponry (List)
- Kombi-Weapon — Ork variants
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear[Needs Citation]
- 2: Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pg. 55
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Eleven - The Doom of Mymeara, pg. 118
- 4: Specialist Games Catalogue, pg. 107
- 5: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod1710018a Games Workshop: Space Marine Sternguard Veteran Weapons (site no longer online, no archived version found, last accessed unknown)
- 6: Warhammer 40,000 6th Edition Rulebook, pg. 54
- 7: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440160a&prodId=prod2160140a Games Workshop[Needs Citation]
- 8: Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (7th Edition), Tools of Butchery
- 9: 30th Anniversary Imperial Space Marine miniature rules sheet
- 10: Warhammer Community: Tactica: House Escher (Posted 13 Nov 17) (saved archive page, dated 19 July 2019, last accessed 10 March 2021)
- 11: The Horus Heresy Book Two - Massacre
- 12: Space Hulk: Deathwing. Note: the Combi-Bolter shown ingame is misnamed as "Storm Bolter MkII".
- 13: Codex: Adepta Sororitas (8th Edition), pg. 77
- 14: Rogue Trader: Faith and Coin, pg. 82
- 15: Codex: Space Marines (9th Edition):
- 16: White Dwarf 72 (2015), Space Marines - Devastator Squad
- 17: Necromunda: House of Artifice:
- 18: Codex Supplement: Dark Angels (9th Edition), pg. 15
- 19: Warlords of the Dark Millennium: Masters of the Dark Angels (Background Book)
- 20: Codex Supplement: Dark Angels (9th Edition), pg. 59
- 21: The Horus Heresy Book Two pg.102
- 22: Sternguard Veteran box set (back panel)
- 23: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Thousand-Sons-Achean-Pattern-Heads
- 24: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Space-Marine-Terminators-2019
- 25: Codex: Deathwatch (8th Edition)
- 25a: pg. 58
- 26: Gamesworkshop Sternguard Veteran Squad (archived 3/19/2021) (last accessed 3/19/2021)
- 27: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 85
- 28: The Horus Heresy Book Three - Extermination:
- 29: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition), pg. 22
- 30: Forgeworld House Escher Champion (archived 3/19/2021 (last accessed 3/19/2021)
- 31: Necromunda: House of Blades, pg. 113
- 32: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 66-67
- 33: Forgeworld Alpha Legion Headhunter Kill Team Upgrade Set (archived 3/19/2021) (last accessed 3/19/2021)
- 34: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), pg. 46
- 35: Codex: Dark Angels (6th Edition), pg. 95
- 36: Necromunda: House of Chains, pgs. 144-146
- 37: http://web.archive.org/web/20151109003403/http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Horus-Heresy-Betrayal-at-Calth-ENG (saved archive page, dated 09 November 2015, last accessed 23 March 2021)
- 38: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 112
- 39: The Horus Heresy Book Eight - Malevolence, pg. 264
- 40: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/04/warhammmer-community-team-liveblog/
- 41: The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal, pg. 232
- 42: Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition), pg. 74
- 43: Games Workshop webstore: Tartaros Terminators
- 44: Forge World webstore: Alpharius
- 45: War Zone Damocles: Mont'ka:
- 46: Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour datacard (2016 limited edition release)
- 47: https://spikeybits.com/2016/08/gws-newest-exclusive-miniature-spotted.html (image of a Games Workshop store advertisement poster)
- 48; Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch, pg. 71
- 49: Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), pg. 36
- 50: Warhammer Community: Warhammer Fest Live Blog
- 51: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition):
- 52: Games Workshop webstore: Primaris Aggressors
- 53: Warlords of the Dark Millennium: Abaddon the Despoiler (Background Book)
- 54: Imperial Armour Volume Twelve - The Fall of Orpheus:
- 55: Codex: Deathwatch (7th Edition) — Armory of the Deathwatch
- 56: http://web.archive.org/web/20160204020240/http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Devastator-Squad-2015 (saved archive page, dated 04 FEB 2016, last accessed 25 March 2021)
- 57: White Dwarf July 2013, pg. 18 — Master of the Relics
- 58: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Legion-Combi-weapon-Set-2015
- 59: Praetor in Cataphractii Terminator Armour model kit (Warhammertfest 2016 exclusive)
- 60: Codex Supplement: Black Templars (9th Edition) — Colours of the Crusades
- 61: Codex: Leagues of Votann (9th Edition), pg. 89
- 62: Warhammer Community: NOVA Open Reveal – The Leagues of Votann Unveiled (posted 1/9/2022) (last accessed 2/10/2022)