|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The founding of the Consecrators was initiated in secret by Dark Angels Supreme Grand Master Valafar for the purpose of seeking out and preserving the history of the Unforgiven.[3c] Prior to the 3rd century of the 40th millennium there is no record of their existence. They appear to have inherited the most revered arms of the Dark Angels Legion, preserving them carefully through the ages. They bear a close resemblance to the Dark Angels before the Horus Heresy, maintaining the legion's original black colour and (prior too recieving Primaris reinforcements), wearing ancient patterns power armour no newer than Mark 6 "Corvus".
They have their own agenda and soon disappear after their mysterious objectives are complete. Most of their wargear are ancient relics, taken from rediscovered Legiones Astartes depots and armouries. They are known to have sent several missions into the ruins of Caliban in their quest for ancient heirlooms of the Legion.[3b]
Second Kuppukin Schism
The chapter was first recorded in the works of the Administratum field notary Corwen Quilp, where at the height of the Second Kuppukin Schism, the entire Chapter appeared to annihilate the entire rebel force over six hours before vanishing once more.
The Chapter involvement in the Achilus Crusade has been focused on the Slinnar Drift. Their initial deployment, with the 3rd company and elements from the 1st and 10th, was in 801.M41. Their Strike Cruiser Heritor of Ages while en route to Shedu was ambushed by the Ork Kill Kroozer Growler, which eventually resulted in the abandonment of the Heritor. As Shedu is the only life-sustaining world in the Drift, it is unknown what happened to them.
In M41, the Consecrators answered Supreme Grand Master Azrael's summons to the site of destroyed Caliban, where they joined the Dark Angels and Knights of the Crimson Order Chapters in battle with Chaos Space Marines led by Typhus.[3b] They were noted to have been reduced to almost half strength at the time.[3a]
War of Beasts
Massacre at Darkmor
In M42, the Consecrators were among half a dozen chapters of Unforgiven (numbering a force of 1000 Astartes total between all chapters) sent to the shrine world of Darkmor during a hunt for the Fallen. There they were ambushed by the forces of Chaos, the Unforgiven suffering the worst losses since the Forgotten Wars. Less than 100 of the total force sent survives, having discovered a hidden teleportation device while pursuing the Fallen known as Cypher. This event would be recorded as the Massacre at Darkmor.[7b]
- 13th Black Crusade — 999.M41. The chapter was present in the defense of Cadia.
- Invasion of the Stygius Sector — M42. 5 companies are sent as part of the Stygies Crusade's Operation Prismata.
|Relic Name||Relic Type||Notes||Source|
|Sword of Sanctity||Heavenfall Blade||Wielded by Nakir||[3b]|
|Radiant Arrow||Plasma Gun|||
|Melta-Warheads||Bolt ammunition||Used by Nakir. Capable of easily penetrating Terminator armour.||[3d]|
- Grand Master Nakir — Master of Souls[3a]
- Israfel — Lieutenant, 6th Company. Leader of the strike force sent to Oteck Hivesprawl.[12a]
- V'draes — Sergeant, 2nd Tactical Squad, 6th Company.
- Nassir — Brother, 1st Company (formerly 6th Company, 3rd Squad).[12a]
- Vand — 2nd Tactical Squad, 6th Company.
- Vrork — 6th Squad, 6th Company.[7a]
- Anaximan — Tech-Marine. Seconded to the Deathwatch
- Corpulax — Former member, corrupted and joined the Black Legion
- 1: Codex: Dark Angels (4th Edition), pg. 75
- 2: Deathwatch: Rites of Battle, pg. 59
- 3: The Unforgiven (Novel)
- 4: Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia, pg. 97
- 5: Codex: Dark Angels (6th Edition), pg. 16
- 6: Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant, pg. 79
- 7: Codex: Dark Angels (8th Edition)
- 7a: pg. 19
- 7b: pg. 23
- 8: Codex: Dark Angels (7th Edition), pg. 70 — Successor Chapters: Consecrators
- 9: Deathwatch: Honour the Chapter, pg. 131
- 10: Deathwatch: The Emperor's Chosen, pg. 76
- 11: Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition Rulebook, pgs. 164–165 — War Zone: Stygius
- 12: Codex Supplement: Dark Angels (9th Edition)
- 12a: War Zone: Vigilus, pg. 15