Cult of the Pauper Princes
The Cult of the Pauper Princes is one of the six Genestealer Cults documented by the Ordo Xenos. It is among the most powerful of the Genestealer cults, with presences on over fifteen planets and membership numbering in the billions.
Forces from the Pauper princes typically include vast throngs of loyal followers which include fanatical Neophyte Hybrids, fervent Acolyte Iconwards, and Clamavuses that drive the hordes into a frenzy.
The Pauper Princes have all but taken over the slum world of Chancer’s Vale. Such is the deprivation and abject poverty of this world that many of its people turned to worship of the cult – not because they were forced to by coercion or the Genestealer’s Kiss, but because they are desperate for a way off-planet. The promises of Magus Marovitch Tenndarc saw swathes of the world’s populace united in their devotions to the Star Savior, in truth the Cult's Patriarch. These Star Saviors in turn serve the Star Children, gods from beyond believed to be the Tyranids. The skin of the Pauper Princes is desiccated by the constant mining of saline from its barren seas. They maintain a wrinkled, pale cast on their skins which the Cultists believes marks them out as blessed. The Cult is renowned for its fanatical loyalty and obedience to its leader, with members marching through flames to allow their masters to escape or creating walls of their bodies to soak up enemy bullets. There is even reports of Pauper Princes charging an Ork Bonebreaka to jam its gears in order to protect its Patriarch. These methods have allowed their core leadership to endure, making Imperial attempts to decapitate the Pauper Princes all but impossible.[4a]
The Pauper Princes were eventually able to escape Chancer's Vale thanks to the super-barge Just Strength. Infiltrating the vessel, the cultists under Tenndarc were able to spread their message across the galaxy. Tenndarc later gained a martyred status among the Cult after saving the Patriarch from a Ratling sniper, an act that saw the Cult quadruple in size in the aftermath. Since that they the Cult has always maintained a particular hatred for the Imperial Guard.[4a]
Perhaps most infamously, the Cult of the Pauper Princes took part in the War of Beasts on the planet of Vigilus in M42.[3a] Sub-faction of this cult on Vigilus included The Devoted Sons, the Writhing Wyrm,[3a] the Claw of the Thirsting Wyrm,[3b] and many others.[3c] They are also known to have taken part in the Vorotheion Uprising.
- Grandsire Wurm — Genestealer Patriarch
- Begetor - Genestealer Patriarch
- Marovitch Tenndarc - Magus
- Mersea Thrayk - Reductus Saboteur
- 1: Codex: Genestealer Cults (7th Edition) — Genestealer Cults of the Imperium
- 2: Devoted Sons (Sourcebook), pg. 4
- 3: Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Defiant
- 4: Codex: Genestealer Cults (8th Edition) pg.12
- 4a: pg.28-29
- 5: Psychic Awakening: The Greater Good - The Vorotheion Uprising
- 6: Warhammer Community: Warhammer Day 2021 – Take the Fight to Terra Itself With the Next Battle Box and Codexes for Warhammer 40,000 (Posted on 30/10/2021) (Last accessed on 30 October 2021)
- 7: Shadow Throne Rulebook, pgs. 2-5
- 8: Codex: Genestealer Cults (9th Edition), pg. 34