|Marine||Basic Data||Chapter Symbol|
The first campaign of the Dark Hunters saw them fighting against the Daemon Engines and corrupted Warlord Titan Repellus Maximal of Warpsmith Hilghar during the Battle of Bloodsteel. This has left a deep rooted mistrust against machines within their psyche. Even today, they have strained relations with the Adeptus Mechanicus.[3a]
Later in the Dellrond Campaign - where a single company of Dark Hunters held the entrance of the Cathedral of the Emperor Ossified for five years against Waaagh! Nagrut - they earned a resolute and stubborn reputation.[3b]
In 999.M41 Imperial fleets on the edge of the Draven Sector become lost in the Warp, after an unusual phenomenon caused their Navigators to lose sight of the Astronomican. Investigations uncovered the source of the interference on the tomb world of Petk. Dark Hunters Space Marines launched an assault on the planet, but only minutes after landing all contact with them was lost.
- 089.M38: Zarona Intervention
- 939.M41: The Battle of the Black Star - The Dark Hunters were one of the seven chapters charged with elimination of the Punishers, a faction of Chaos Renegades. They succeeded in eliminating half the Punishers.[3d]
- 996.M41: Lonal Ambush - The Dark Hunters were used as Tyranid bait by the Raven Guard.[3c]
- ???.M41: The Rusthunt - defeating Orks of Tank Boss Badfragg
Notable Dark Hunters
- Jullunai Khan - Chapter Master in the mid M37
- Angnar - former Captain of the White Scars and first Chapter Master of the Dark Hunters in the mid M37
- Hyron - Chaplain in the Dark Hunters Fourth Company, who earned a bloody reputation over the course of the Dellrond Campaign.
- Battle-brother Kjarl, 4th Company, 6th Tactical Squad.[3e]
- Brother Pieter (deceased) - left behind after battling the Punishers on Perreken, he managed to send a distress signal to the battle fleet before his death.
- 1: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pgs. 26 and 30
- 2: The Last Detail (Short Story) - Legends of the Space Marines (Anthology)
- 2a: pg. 200
- 3: Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition) (E-Book Edition)
- 4: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 88
- 5: Codex: Necrons (7th Edition) - A New Epoch Begins
- 6: Dataslate: Reclusiam Command Squad (Background Book) - Notable Reclusiam Command Squad
- 7: The Blind King (Short Story)