|Marine||Basic Data||Warband Symbol|
Originally known as the Brothers of the Anvil, they were among the thirty Chapters sentenced to the Abyssal Crusade. During the campaign they scoured the world of Belial IV in the Eye of Terror, a world blighted by the ruins of the former Eldar empire. However they were captured by Dark Eldar raiders plundering the planet for lost artefacts. Spending a year in the nightmarish arenas of Commorragh, the survivors of the chapter managed to escape from the Dark City back into the Materium. However, now driven insane by their experience, they became the Chaos Space Marine warband known as the Deathmongers. Since then they have waged a war of brutal destruction against the Imperium.
- The Orpheus Revolt
In Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), the Deathmongers are shown wearing the same green-grey and black color scheme as the Warp Ghosts, a Chaos Space Marine warband introduced in Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex). However, in Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition), they are instead shown wearing pure grey armour with copper trim.
- Note 1: The Deathmongers' affiliation has never been explicitly confirmed, however their symbol may suggest that the warband venerates Nurgle.
- 1: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 70
- 2: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pgs. 17–19
- 3: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pg. 76
- 4: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 53
- 5: Imperial Armour Volume Twelve, pgs. 20–22