The Doom Warriors are a Codex Chapter of unknown founding and origin.
The Doom Warriors have a defect in their Catalepsean Node. Because of this their Space Marines do not sleep, which in turn makes them a morose and moody Chapter. This is why they specialize in cleansing campaigns.[Needs Citation]
- In early M41, the Doom Warriors took part in the Macharian Heresy, battling the Inceptors. In the ensuing Euxcine Incident, they were forced into a rout by the Minotaurs.
- 951.M41 — Doom Warriors returned to Truan IX to cleanse the Psyker-cult that tried to awake some slumbering minds of inmeasureable power that sleeps beneath the surface of some ruined long dead city. Due to Doom Warriors' actions cult was annihilated and their blasphemous ritual cancelled.
- A squad of Doom Warriors led by Captain Grimmer Slayne was assigned to conduct an Exterminatus on a world called Carnage. They used a viral bomb called Emperor's Tears (an evolved strain of the Life Eater Virus) to cleanse the world. This viral bomb was created by a Nurgle-possessed Magos Biologis, and was said to attack the very source of life itself. After the deployment of the virus bomb, the whole population of the planet reanimated and became followers of Nurgle.
- 1: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 101
- 2: The Emperor Wept (Short Story) by Simon Dyton — Planetkill (Anthology), pgs. 171–183
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Ten, pgs. 107–109
- 4: How to Paint Space Marines, pg. 87
- 5: Imperial Armour Volume Two - Second Edition, pg. 22