This 132mm calibre weapon has a muzzle velocity of 814 meters per second and fires a 38 kg projectile, hitting targets over 15 km away in under 19 seconds, using the standard five powder charge.
Six and seven powder charges can be used to hit targets well beyond this range, however the additional wear and stress this causes on the barrel limits the number of overcharged rounds to twenty, with authorization for their use required. Only Earthshakers on static mounts can fire these charges, as vehicle mounts are considered too unstable for their use. The most common type of shell fired by Earthshakers are high explosive, but it can also launch incendiary, smoke, illumination, and even diamantine-tipped armour piercing shells. Shells fired by Earthshakers have been known to cause craters fifteen meters in diameter and obliterate infantry in an instant.
Regiments known to contain Earthshaker Cannons
- 1: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), [Needs Citation]
- 2: Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 184
- 3: Imperial Armour Volume Five - The Siege of Vraks - Part One, pg. 116
- 4: Imperial Armour - Apocalypse II, pg.14
- 5: Storm of Iron (Novel) - Iron Warriors: The Omnibus by Graham McNeill, Ch. 1, pg. 80
- 6: Imperial Armour Volume One - Second Edition: Imperial Guard, pg. 194