The Eastern Fringe is the area of space located to the farthest galactic-east, where the light of the Astronomican does not reach.
It is largely unexplored. It is known to contain a few dispersed and isolated human settlements, as well as alien civilisations, of which some are barbarous while others are highly advanced. It borders the Ultima Segmentum. It is said that the Necron Sautekh Dynasty is rapidly becoming a major threat to the Imperium from the Eastern Fringe.
Notable events involving the Eastern Fringe
- 789.M35: The Tau are discovered and categorized by the Adeptus Mechanicus vessel Land's Vision. An unusual and violent warp storm renders the planet inaccessible.
- 742.M41: The Damocles Crusade begins, the Tau are rediscovered and subsequently embark on new Spheres of Expansion
- 745.M41: Hive Fleet Behemoth begins its invasion of the galaxy in the Eastern Fringe.
- 781.M41: The Necron Sautekh Dynasty becomes active across the Eastern Fringe.
- 992.M41: Hive Fleet Kraken begins its invasion of the galaxy in the Eastern Fringe.
- 999.M41: The Tau begin a renewed invasion of the Eastern Fringe. Initiating the Prefectia Campaign
Notable Regions and Objects
Notable Sectors, Subsectors, and Systems
- Aegis Sector
- Thramas Sector
- Gulgorahd Protectorate
- Kiltor Sector
- Pandraxx Subsector
- Lagan System
- Dovar System
- 1: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pg. 10
- 2: Warhammer 40,000.com Map (last accessed 8/10/2020)
- 3: The Horus Heresy Book Nine - Crusade, pgs. 71-80