Emperor Class Battleship
|This article is about the the battleship class. For other uses of Emperor, see Emperor (disambiguation).|
The Emperor Class Battleship is a large vessel used by the Imperial Navy and Basilikon Astra. It is a command ship and a carrier combined together. It is one of the oldest designs still in use, due to the discovery of Divine Right fused into a Space Hulk for some ten thousand years.
The main armament of the Emperor class is made up of its 8 squadrons of attack craft such as the Fury Interceptor and Starhawk Bomber. These are able to roam far from the ship, to engage enemy capital ships that would be out of range, or otherwise non-viable targets for the ship's port, starboard, dorsal, and prow-mounted weapons batteries.
Notable Emperor Class Battleships
- Divine Right — seen during the Gothic War.
- Dominus Astra — played a pivotal role in defeating Hive Fleet Behemoth and ending the Battle for Macragge when it entered the heart of the Tyranid fleet and detonated its Warp Drives, dragging the entire Tyranid fleet along with itself into the Warp.
- Enduring Blade
- Excelsis Cruor
- Fist of Righteousness - Led a fleet to relieve the Eldar siege of Kabaal III.
- Indomitable Wrath
- Legatus Stygies
- Lord of Light
- Pax Imperialis
A model of the Emperor Battleship from Battlefleet Gothic[Needs Citation]
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook, pg. 106
- 2: Warhammer 40,000: Assault on Black Reach, Booklet, pg. 22
- 3: Codex: Imperial Guard (3rd Edition, 1st Codex), pg. 49
- 4: Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 33
- 5: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (Video Game)
- 6: Vessels of Mars: Ships of the Adeptus Mechanicus, by Nate Montes, Robert Henderson and Ray Bell
- 7: Solegends.com: Space Fleet Miniatures (last accessed 12/14/2019)
- 8: Watchers of the Throne: The Regent's Shadow (Novel), Chapter 7
- 9: White Dwarf 203 (UK) - Wrath of Ulthwé, pg.61
- 10: Codex: Tyranids (2nd Edition), pg.8
- 11: Fire Warrior (Novel), Chapter 3
- 12: Cadia Stands (Novel), Part 3: Chapter 14