Endeavour Light Cruiser
The Endeavour Class lacks the speed of the Dauntless Class Light Cruiser, and is therefore unsuitable to the anti-piracy role. It is therefore used as a convoy flagship, or heavy escort for a large capital ship. To counter the vulnerability of being as slow as a larger capital ship, the Endeavour has a much better turret array than a Dauntless Class, however, the power to upgrade the shields to the same level could not be found. Two variants of the Endeavour class exist, the Endurance Class Light Cruiser and the Defiant Class Light Cruiser.
The large weapons batteries of the Endeavour class mean it can hold its own in a fleet engagement, usually equaling the fire-power of a full size cruiser. These batteries have only a short range, equaling that of the shortest cruiser battery ranges, this is sufficient however for the Endeavour's role as a heavy escort. It also has a small torpedo compliment, but these are more of a distraction, rather than a serious threat to a capital ship; escorts however would do well to avoid them.
Notable Endeavour Class Vessels
- Dimensions: 3.8 km long, 0.5 km abeam at fins approx.
- Mass: 22 megatonnes approx.
- Crew: 67,500 crew; approx.
- Accel: 3.9 gravities max sustainable acceleration.
- 1: Battlefleet Gothic Armada, pg. 18
- 2: Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus, pg. 26
- 3: Vessels of Mars: Ships of the Adeptus Mechanicus, by Nate Montes, Robert Henderson and Ray Bell