Exodite Worlds are those that were settled by Eldar, commonly known as Exodites, fleeing the increasing depravity of the majority of the Eldar race just prior to the Fall of the Eldar. They are wild planets, often untamed and dangerous.[1a] Craftworld Biel-Tan are known to be defenders of Exodite worlds, as they see the Exodites as the first stage in regaining the Eldar empire. Exodite worlds would be their staging grounds, and they guard each world jealously, slaughtering any who seek to take the worlds for themselves.[1b]
Flora and Fauna
Often, Exodite worlds are home to vast herds of megadons, or dragons to the Eldar. It is likely that early settlers spread these animals, much like humanity spread the Grox throughout their realm.[1a]
Exodites live nomadic lives, following the megadon herds across huge grassy plains. They have eschewed the use of much of their former technology, but still remain able to use anything that could be used on a Craftworld. They simply choose to live as they do, rather than having 'degenerated', as many Imperial citizens believe.[1a]
Known Exodite Worlds
- Belithal' Chen
- Carnac — Revealed to be a Necron Tomb World, eventually recaptured by Anrakyr the Traveller.
- Ephraeleon — Destroyed by the Tyranids
- Halathel — Attacked by Hive Fleet Naga in 809.M41-811.M41. Unable to abandon the World Spirit, the defenders put up a last stand but were eventually massacred and the treasured World Spirit destroyed. Prince Yriel, overcome by rage, ordered his fleet to scour all life from Halathel.[1b]
- Haranshemash — Formally known as Haran, Eldrad foretold of a warp rift rupturing space allowing the forces of Chaos to pour forth. When it opened the Eldar were prepared. Chaos Space Marines joined the Daemons that emerged, and battles raged across the planet for many long months, with many Outcasts and even Phoenix Lords, including the reappearance of presumed lost Fuegan [1d], joining the Eldar cause. Ultimately the Eldar triumphed though at a terrible cost. The planet was denied to Chaos, but thereafter was known as Haranshemash, the 'world of blood and tears'.[1c]
- Ishareq — In 801.M41 despite the elite dragon riders of the Viridian Knights repelling invading Dark Eldar, they were unfortunately too late to stop Haemonculi poisoning the planet's World Spirit, eventually leading to every Eldar upon the planet simply laying down and dying.
- Kading Prime
- Lileathanir — Attacked by the Kabal of the White Flames.
- Menatar — Abandoned by the Exodites after they imprisoned a Tyranid vanguard organism.
- Menimshemash — Invaded by waves of Daemons after Tzeentch infiltrated the planet's World Spirit.
- Selesti — In 988.M41, Sylandri Veilwalker manipulated Xander Krast into stopping an Ork Waaagh! targeting this world.
- T'krahn — Invaded by Warboss Nazdreg, for its vast resources. The Exodites on the planet called for help from Craftworld Ulthwé. Led by Farseer Eldrad, the Ulthwé forces were able to repel the Orks from the planet.
- Three Sisters
- Tirathain — Located to the galactic south of the Ultima Segmentum.
- Torakal IV — Destroyed by Exterminatus carried out by the Tarantulas Chapter around 785.M41.
- Uralek Prime — Seized by the Imperium
- 1: Codex: Eldar (4th Edition)
- 2: Codex: Chaos Daemons (4th Edition), pg. 16
- 3: Planetstrike, pg. 55
- 4: Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pg. 29
- 5: Codex: Necrons (5th Edition), pg. 27
- 6: The Citadel Journal 18, pg. 41
- 7: Path of the Renegade (Novel)[Needs Citation]
- 8: Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition Rulebook (E-Book) — Time of Ending
- 9: Exhumed (Short Story) - Xenos Hunters (Anthology)
- 10: The Carnac Campaign (Anthology)
- 11: Xenology, pg. 86
|Worlds of the Galaxy|
|General||Dead World • Death World • Desert World • Ice World • Jungle World • Forest World • Ocean World • Derelict Worlds • Chem Worlds • Mountain World • Rad World|
|Imperium||Adeptus Astartes Homeworld • Agri World • Archive World • Cardinal World • Cemetery World • Civilised World • Feral World • Feudal World • Frontier World • Forest World • Forge World • Fortress World • Hive World • Industrial World • Knight World • Labyrinth World • Mining World • Paradise World • Penal World • Quarantined World • Quarry World • Repository World • Research Station • Sentinel World • Shrine World • Swamp World • War World • Hub-Fortress • Penitent World • Merchant World • Sepulchre World • Relic World • Battery World • Warden Planet • Lumber World • Refugee World • Astropathic Relay Station|
|Chaos||Daemon World • Hell Forge • Fallen Knight World|
|Xenos||Xenos World • Exodite World • Tomb World • Maiden World • Crone World • Ork World • Tau Sept • Craftworld|