The Flawless Host
|Marine||Basic Data||Warband Symbol|
The Flawless Host was originally known as the Shining Blades. From a gene-seed once considered free from taint, they were known for their purity and rigid mental training. Their reputation and string of victories produced a great hubris, believing they could never be defeated. This led to the Berillia Massacre in 498.M34, in which they slaughtered all they came across in a frenzy of indignation after their magnificence was supposedly questioned. Becoming overwhelmed by Slaanesh and renaming themselves the Flawless Host, they have been a plague to the Imperium ever since.
- The Visionary — Chaos Lord
- Eleaxus the Flawless, Champion of Slaanesh
- Jhasius the Dark, Chaos Dreadnought
- Favian the Golden
- Salakis Garaxus, Master of All Conflicts and Bringer of Red Truths[8a]
Factions & Warbands
After their introduction in Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), the Flawless Host were speculated to be an offshoot of the Emperor's Children Traitor Legion, because of the resemblance of their armour and their shared devotion to Slaanesh. However, the 6th Edition Codex fills in their prior history, and confirms that they are a Renegade Chapter.
A warband of Emperor's Children calling itself the "Flawless Host" assaulted a unnamed Imperial world as part of a larger army, The Incarnadine Host. However, millennia of raiding, defeat, bitterness and bloodshed had reduced them to only five Marines. Before the last Imperial bastion was destroyed, in-fighting saw all but one of the Flawless Host killed. The survivor, a disfigured Apothecary named Le'Furion took the bodies of his fallen brothers and planned on using Dark Eldar technology to create a new body for himself out of the corpses. The Imperial bastion fell soon after to the World Eaters warband, the Blood Hounds.
Chaos Lord of the Flawless Host (conversion)[8b]
- 1: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 20
- 2: Apocalypse, pg. 171
- 3: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition) pg. 15
- 4: Perfection (Audio Book) by Nick Kyme
- 5: The Judges, In Their Hunger (Short Story) by David Annandale
- 6: Dataslate: Cypher - Lord of the Fallen, pg. 17
- 7: Codex: Legion of the Damned (E-Book) — A Legion Lost
- 8: Codex: Chaos Space Marines (8th Edition):
- 8a: pg. 50
- 8b: pg. 110
- 9: Warhammer Community