Originating from the Serrated Sun Chapter of the Word Bearers Legion, they were originally members which had journeyed with Ingethel the Ascended to the newly-settled planet Cadia and the Eye of Terror to discover the Primordial Truth, bringing the revelation back to their Primarch Lorgar. During their experiences in the Warp-tainted Eye, the members of the Serrated Sons became possessed by Daemons and most would eventually willingly submit to them in exchange for enhancing their already superhuman Astartes powers. The Gal Vorbak's first notable action was fighting against loyalist forces in the Drop Site Massacre[1a], where all the original members were wiped out battling Custodes (and Corax) save for Argel Tal. In the aftermath of the battle, Tal formed a new generation of Gal Vorbak known as the Vakrah Jal.
Members of the Gal Vorbak were distinguished by the crimson red color of their armor, as opposed to the standard grey that pre-Heresy Word Bearers wore.[1a]
- Argel Tal — Captain of the 7th Company, Crimson Lord of the Gal Vorbak.[1a]
- Apis Merenkar - Legionary, 7th Assault Company
- Dagotal — Sergeant, Dagotal Outrider Squad, 7th Company.[1a]
- Malnor — Sergeant, Malnor Assault Squad, 7th Company.[1a]
- Sorot Tchure — Captain.
- Torgal — Sergeant, Torgal Assault Squad, 7th Company.[1a]
- Xaphen — Chaplain of the 7th Company.[1a]
- Zardu Layak — Dark Apostle.
- 1: The First Heretic (Novel)
- 2: Know No Fear (Novel), Dramatis Personae
- 3: Censure (Audio Drama)
- 4: Forge World (last accessed 31 January 2019)
- 5: Betrayer (Novel), [Needs Citation]
- 6: The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest, pg. 109
- 7: The Horus Heresy Book Two, pg. 145