Garden of Nurgle
The Garden of Nurgle is a realm within the Warp that falls under the dominion of Nurgle, the Master of Pestilence and one of the Chaos Gods. This unwholesome realm is home to every pox and affliction imaginable and is alive with the stench of rot. This 'garden' is not a barren wasteland, but rather a macabre paradise of death and pestilence. A thick sheet of buzzing swarms of black, furry flies litter the sky, and twisted, rotten boughs entangled with grasping vines cover the mouldering ground, beneath an insect-ravaged canopy of leaves. Defiled fungi both plain and extraordinary break through the leaf-strewn mulch of the forest floor, puffing out vile clouds of spores. Muddy rivers slither across the bloated landscape. Nurgle's Mansion of rotted timbers and broken walls resides at the heart of the garden; decrepit and ancient, yet eternally strong at its foundations. It is within these tumbling walls that Nurgle toils at his cauldron, a receptacle vast enough to contain all the oceans of the worlds of the galaxy.
When Nurgle's power waxes, the Garden blooms, encroaching on the lands of the other Chaos Gods. Nurgle's enemies would fight back, and the Plaguebearers would take up arms to defend it. Although the Garden will recede again, it would still have fed deeply on the essence of those who have fallen in such wars, and will lie in gestate peace until it is ready to bloom again.
- Bubbling Gully - here Typhus stopped the invasion of the daemons of Khorne, leading the final coordinated attack of Beasts of Nurgle and Plague Drones.
- 1: Codex: Chaos Daemons (4th Edition), pg. 13
- 2: Games Workshop: Horticulous Slimux (last accessed 19 January 2018)
- 3: Games Workshop: Feculent Gnarlmaw (last accessed 19 January 2018)
- 4: Warlords of the Dark Millennium: Typhus (Background Book), Typhis the Traveller