Gathalamor is an Imperial world in the Segmentum Solar, to the galactic south-west of Terra. Gathalamor is known mostly as being the diocese of the heretic Cardinal Bucharis during the Age of Apostasy, whose heresies reached such an extent that they became known as the Plague of Unbelief.
|Map||Basic Data||Planetary Image|
The world's population was not rich and many lived in abject poverty. Bucharis took over and enslaved the population, forcing them to build a gigantic Cardinal Palace. He also took a large number of thugs and cut-throats and assaulted the nearby world of Rhanda. The resulting empire made Gathalamor fairly rich, although Bucharis' ideals of survival of the fittest meant many of the poorest died.
Gathalamor is the site of the tomb of the Great Confessor Dolan Chirosius, who was martyred on the world by Bucharis. His martyrdom quickly inspired the population to rise up and kill Bucharis. At the end, all that remained of his body was a small pile of ashes. From then on, the world was back under the rule of Terra and remains so to this day.
- Sanctic Citadel
- Mount Amalath - Site of a great Inquisitorial conclave that saw the creation of the Amalathian ideology.
- 1: Codex: Sisters of Battle (2nd Edition), pgs. 39–42
- 2: Codex: Space Marines (8th Edition), pg. 20 — The Indomitus Crusade
- 3: Codex: Adeptus Custodes (8th Edition), pg. 64
- 4: Codex: Inquisition, pg. 22