A grav-chute is a pack-sized suspensor allowing troops to float safely to the ground from any height.
It operates via suspensor fields that counter gravity and two small jets on either side of the shoulders that offer further braking of descent. It is used to drop troops onto a battlefield, either from low-flying aircraft or from the upper atmosphere. If needed, it can sustain hovering the user in place for up to a minute at a time. Essentially it is a smaller version of a jump pack, but unlike a jump pack it is only designed to control a fall rather than power a boost up into the air. The power supply lasts for about an hour before needing replacing.
- Type Five Icarus-pattern Personal Descent Unit — Manufactured on Lucius. Used by a number of Astra Militarum drop troop regiments, including the Phantine Skyborne.
Grav-chute used by Elysians for their Drop Canisters
- 1: Rogue Trader Rulebook, pg. 144
- 2: Fantasy Flight Games (Saved archive page, dated July 2012, last accessed 10 September 2015)
- 3: Forgeworld Website Grav-chute pack
- 4: Only War Core Rulebook, pg. 48
- 5: Codex: Space Marines (9th Edition), pg. 154
- 6: The Guns of Tanith (Novel) — The Saint (Omnibus), A Reappraisal of Combat Policy, Section Four