The Guardian Spear is a traditional weapon of the Adeptus Custodes.
Guardian Spears are halberd-like power weapons so heavy that it would take several ordinary men to lift it and incorporating a ranged weapon at its tip. The weapon's powerful ranged and close combat duality complemented the fighting style of this bodyguard force, giving them good capabilities in both close combat and at a distance. In battle, Custodes spin these weapons in great arcs, slaying enemies with each strike be it in melee combat or from afar.
- Guardian Spear — The most basic type that incorporates a Bolt Caster
- Adrasite Spear — Incorporates an Adrathic Destructor
- Pyrithite Spear — Incorporates a Melta Beam
- Paragon Spear — The most beautifully wrought and deadly weapons of the Custodians, equipped with a Paragon Bolter. These storied weapons are wielded by the most noted Shield-Captains and Tribunes.
Notable Guardian Spears
Shield-Captain with a Paragon Spear
- 1: The First Heretic (Novel), Chapter 7
- 2: Codex: Deathwatch (7th Edition) — Watch Masters'
- 3: The Horus Heresy Book Seven, pg. 243–244
- 4: Codex: Adeptus Custodes (8th Edition), pg. 38
- 5: Warhammer Community: Valerian and Aleya on the Battlefield (Posted on 27/02/2020) (Last accessed on 27 February 2020)
- 6: Warhammer Community: New Rules for the Imperium (Posted on 11/06/2020) (Last accessed on 11 June 2020)
- 7: Codex: Deathwatch (9th Edition), pg. 54 - Datasheets
- Horus Heresy: Collected Visions, pp. 28-29