Hand Flamers are a type of compact Imperial Flamer weapon. A called a "burner", the Hand Flamer is a more compact pistol version requiring only one hand. Along with using a lower-capacity fuel tank it has much reduced range, which makes it suited for assault and close-combat purposes, incinerating foes at short range. The weapon is used by assault squads, such as Seraphim units which employ them in pairs.
- Ignis Pattern — Used by Space Marines, most notably the Blood Angels and their Successor Chapters.
- Akkadic Pattern — Used by Ashen Circle Legionnaires
- Destroyer-Pattern — Also known as the Cadence Promethium Incineration Device, it was produced by the Inquisition in the Calixis Sector. It uses technology similar to a Plasma Gun to create super-heated thermal blast that burns fat hotter and with greater fuel efficiency than normal Hand Flamers.
Notable Hand Flamers
- 1: Warhammer 40,000: Wargear pg.23
- 2: The Horus Heresy Book Five pg.111
- 3: Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition) pg.59
- 4: Dark Heresy: The Inquisitor's Handbook pg.111
|Portable||Brazier of Holy Fire • Exterminator • Hand Flamer • Combi-Flamer • Flamer • Incendine Combustor • Warpflame Weapon|
|Heavy||Heavy flamer • Incinerator • Flamestorm Cannon • Inferno cannon • Inferno gun|
|Xenos||Ork Flame Weapons • Eldar Flamer • Dragon Breath Flamer • Tau Flamer|